J B Segal
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Prevention of thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation. A meta-analysis of trials of anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugsJ B Segal
Division of General Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Gen Intern Med 15:56-67. 2000..This review summarizes the evidence regarding the efficacy of these medications...
- Efficacy of agents for pharmacologic conversion of atrial fibrillation and subsequent maintenance of sinus rhythm: a meta-analysis of clinical trialsM R Miller
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Fam Pract 49:1033-46. 2000..Physicians have little evidentiary guidance for pharmacologic agent selection for atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Autologous blood transfusion in the United States: clinical and nonclinical determinants of useJ B Segal
Department of Medicine, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 41:1539-47. 2001..The use of autologous blood is not well quantified. This study aimed at identifying the frequency and determinants of use of autologous transfusion in the United States...
- Treatment of venous thromboembolism with low-molecular-weight heparin: a synthesis of the evidence published in systematic literature reviewsJ A Krishnan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Respir Med 98:376-86. 2004..To evaluate the methodology and cumulative evidence presented in systematic reviews of clinical trials comparing low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) with unfractionated heparin (UFH) for the treatment of venous thromboembolism...
- Venous thromboembolism incidence in the Cooperative Study of Sickle Cell DiseaseR P Naik
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Thromb Haemost 12:2010-6. 2014..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) has been recently recognized as a complication of sickle cell disease (SCD); however, the incidence of VTE in SCD is unknown...
- Validating billing data for RBC transfusions: a brief reportJ B Segal
Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins Medical Institution, Baltimore, MD, USA
Transfusion 41:530-3. 2001..035) than billed patients. CONCLUSIONS: The billing for RBC transfusion in one large institution is reassuringly valid. The specificity is excellent, and the sensitivity is higher than that seen in other studies of coding validity...
- Prevalence of immune thrombocytopenia: analyses of administrative dataJ B Segal
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:2377-83. 2006..The prevalence of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in the USA is unknown. The paucity of data makes clinical trial design and resource allocation challenging...