Myaing M Nyunt
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Reduced susceptibility of Plasmodium falciparum to artesunate in southern MyanmarMyat P Kyaw
Department of Medical Research Lower Myanmar, Yangon, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
PLoS ONE 8:e57689. 2013..Artemisinin resistance has not previously been reported in Myanmar, which has the highest falciparum malaria burden among Southeast Asian countries...
- Mobile phones improve case detection and management of malaria in rural BangladeshChai S Prue
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Malar J 12:48. 2013..The recent introduction of mobile phones into the rural Bandarban district of Bangladesh provided a resource to improve case detection and treatment of patients with malaria...
- Effects of ritonavir-boosted lopinavir on the pharmacokinetics of quinineM M Nyunt
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:889-95. 2012..Further studies are warranted to assess changes in quinine pharmacokinetics and treatment outcomes in patients with acute malaria receiving antiretroviral therapy that includes LPV/r...
- Mapping hypoendemic, seasonal malaria in rural Bandarban, Bangladesh: a prospective surveillanceWasif A Khan
ICDDR, B International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Clinical Sciences Division
Malar J 10:124. 2011....
- Phase I/II evaluation of the prophylactic antimalarial activity of pafuramidine in healthy volunteers challenged with Plasmodium falciparum sporozoitesMyaing M Nyunt
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:528-35. 2009..We conclude that a single dose of 100 mg pafuramidine does not adequately protect non-immune individuals against P. falciparum and shows no clinically or statistically significant evidence of causal prophylactic activity...
- Pharmacokinetics of sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine in intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancyM M Nyunt
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:226-34. 2010....
- Preliminary study of quinine pharmacokinetics in pregnant women with malaria-HIV co-infectionKassoum Kayentao
Malaria Research and Training Center, Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy and Odontostomatology, University of Sciences, Techniques and Technology of Bamako, Bamako, Mali Howard Hughes Medical Institute Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 90:530-4. 2014..This preliminary observation warrants further research to understand the impact of long-term antiretroviral therapy on the treatment of acute malaria...
- Pharmacokinetic effect of AMD070, an Oral CXCR4 antagonist, on CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 substrates midazolam and dextromethorphan in healthy volunteersMyaing M Nyunt
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:559-65. 2008..AMD070, a novel entry inhibitor, is an inhibitor of X4-tropic HIV virus. In vitro data suggested that it is a CYP3A4 substrate and may inhibit CYP2D6 and CYP3A4...