Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Endorectal ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration: a useful diagnostic tool for perirectal and intraluminal lesionsZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Acta Cytol 57:9-18. 2013..Herein, we study the utility of ERUS fine-needle aspiration (FNA) to evaluate perirectal lesions...
- ER-negative /PR-positive breast carcinomas or technical artifacts in immunohistochemistry?Zahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Iran Med 15:366-9. 2012..Since most authorities believe that there are no true ER-negative/PR-positive breast tumors, therefore we hypothesized that technical artifact in IHC might cause ER-negative/PR positive cases...
- Periventricular leukomalacia and placental histopathologic abnormalitiesZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:1115-20. 2009..To estimate whether there are placental histopathologic abnormalities associated with neonatal periventricular leukomalacia (PVL), a major precursor of cerebral palsy...
- Diagnostic issues with cytopathologic interpretation of lung neoplasms displaying high-grade basaloid or neuroendocrine morphologyZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 4940 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:159-67. 2011..Careful consideration to subtle but definite cytomorphologic clues and attention to selective IPOX stains can lead to a definitive diagnosis...
- Coexistence of gonadoblastoma and dysgerminoma in a dysgenetic gonad on touch preparation: a case reportZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Pathology, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:42-4. 2011..Herein, we report a case of gonadoblastoma and dysgerminoma diagnosed on touch preparation in a dysgenetic gonad of a 16-year-old patient with Swyer syndrome...
- Mycosis fungoides of the true vocal cord: a case report and review of the literatureZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Iran Med 13:429-31. 2010..Awareness of this entity is clinically important due to the necessity of a different management...
- Uterine artery embolization with trisacryl gelatin microspheres in women treated for leiomyomas: a clinicopathologic analysis of alterations in gynecologic surgical specimensZahra Maleki
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 29:260-8. 2010..Finally, trisacryl gelatin microspheres can be distinguished from PVA particles and PVA microspheres based on a combination of morphologic features and histochemical stains...
- Cytomorphologic overlap of differentiated thyroid carcinoma and lung adenocarcinoma and diagnostic value of TTF-1 and TGB on cytologic materialSrividya Sathiyamoorthy
Department of Pathology, Division of Cytopathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
Diagn Cytopathol 42:5-10. 2014..TTF-1 and TGB is a small immunostain panel that can differentiate lung adenocarcinoma from thyroid carcinoma and prevent misdiagnosis and its consequences...
- Clinically occult tubal and ovarian high-grade serous carcinomas presenting in uterine samples: diagnostic pitfalls and clues to improve recognition of tumor originChristina Bagby
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 32:433-43. 2013....
- Utility of the quantitative Ki-67 proliferation index and CD56 together in the cytologic diagnosis of small cell lung carcinoma and other lung neuroendocrine tumorsGang Zheng
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Acta Cytol 57:281-90. 2013..We evaluated CD56 and the quantitative Ki-67 immunohistochemical panel in comparison to synaptophysin and chromogranin, along with cytomorphology to diagnose SCLC...