Shing M Lee
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Interferon and ribavirin vs interferon alone in the re-treatment of chronic hepatitis C previously nonresponsive to interferon: A meta-analysis of randomized trialsK J Cummings
Oncology Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Suite 1103, 550 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205 2013, USA
JAMA 285:193-9. 2001....
- Methodologic issues in terminating enrollment of a subgroup of patients in a multicenter randomized trialShing M Lee
Department of Biostatistics, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Clin Trials 1:326-38. 2004..We also describe the repercussions of the publication and the misinterpretations of the results based on media coverage...
- Autologous graft-versus-host disease induction in advanced breast cancer: role of peripheral blood progenitor cellsE van der Wall
Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Br J Cancer 83:1405-11. 2000..It therefore remains unclear whether the induction of autologous GVHD with the occurrence of auto-cytotoxic lymphocytes can result in an anti-tumour effect in this group of patients...
- Autologous bone marrow transplantation with 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide purging for acute myeloid leukaemia beyond first remission: a 10-year experienceB Douglas Smith
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Rm 246, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Br J Haematol 117:907-13. 2002..4HC-purged autologous BMT produced results similar to allogeneic BMT for AML patients beyond first remission...
- Serum 6-beta-naltrexol levels are related to alcohol responses in heavy drinkersM E McCaul
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:1385-91. 2000..This paper reports a secondary data analysis of a human laboratory study that examines the relationship between serum levels of 6-beta-naltrexol, the major, biologically active metabolite of naltrexone, and subjective effects of alcohol...
- A high-dose pulse steroid regimen for controlling active chronic graft-versus-host diseaseG Akpek
Division of Hematologic Malignancies BMT, The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore 21231, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:495-502. 2001..Further studies are warranted to maintain the efficacy of this regimen by combining with new active agents in cGVHD...
- Durable treatment-free remission after high-dose cyclophosphamide therapy for previously untreated severe aplastic anemiaR A Brodsky
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Room 242, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore MD 21231, USA
Ann Intern Med 135:477-83. 2001..A small pilot study demonstrated that high-dose cyclophosphamide therapy without bone marrow transplantation leads to durable, treatment-free complete remission...
- Bone marrow aspiration, biopsy, and culture in the evaluation of HIV-infected patients for invasive mycobacteria and histoplasma infectionsG Akpek
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Hematol 67:100-6. 2001..These findings support the continued use of BM aspiration, biopsy, and culture for the diagnosis of opportunistic MAC/TB or HC infections in immunosuppressed HIV+ patients, particularly when selected clinical features are present...
- Variability of spirometry in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from two clinical trialsLaura B Herpel
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1106-13. 2006..This may be applied to determine criteria that can be used to assess a clinically meaningful change in spirometry...
- Naltrexone dampens ethanol-induced cardiovascular and hypothalamic- pituitary-adrenal axis activationM E McCaul
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:537-47. 2001..This dampening of cardiovascular and hormonal responses may contribute to the therapeutic effectiveness of naltrexone for reducing alcohol liking and decreasing relapse in alcohol-dependent persons...
- Active recruitment increased enrollment in a hereditary cancer registryTara M Friebel
Mid Atlantic Cancer Genetics Network, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Park SB202, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:1172-6. 2004..We sought to determine whether different recruitment methods used in a high-risk breast and ovarian cancer clinic yielded differences into enrollment into MACGN...
- Prostate cancer detection by GSTP1 methylation analysis of postbiopsy urine specimensMark L Gonzalgo
The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2101, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2673-7. 2003..We assess the feasibility of a urinary test for prostate cancer detection in a high-risk patient cohort based on methylation-specific PCR analysis of the pi class glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1) gene promoter...
- Six-minute walk distance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: reproducibility and effect of walking course layout and lengthFrank Sciurba
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1522-7. 2003..The training effect found in these patients with severe emphysema is less than in previous reports of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Furthermore, the layout of the track may influence the 6-minute walk performance...
- Prognostic significance of preoperative molecular serum analysis in renal cancerMark L Gonzalgo
The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 150 Marburg Building, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287 2101, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1878-81. 2002....
- Single-breath diffusing capacity of the lung for carbon monoxide: a predictor of PaO2, maximum work rate, and walking distance in patients with emphysemaZab Mohsenifar
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
Chest 123:1394-400. 2003....
- The effects of pulmonary rehabilitation in the national emphysema treatment trialAndrew L Ries
UCSD Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Dr, No 8377, San Diego, CA 92103 8377, USA
Chest 128:3799-809. 2005..The National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT) provided an opportunity to evaluate pulmonary rehabilitation in a large cohort of patients who were treated in centers throughout the United States...
- Exercise testing in severe emphysema: association with quality of life and lung functionCynthia D Brown
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Virginia, VA, USA
COPD 5:117-24. 2008..Moreover, the 6MWT may be a better test of functional capacity given its greater association with QOL measures whereas CPX is a better test of physiologic impairment...