Alice K Fuller
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- A comprehensive program to minimize platelet outdatingAlice K Fuller
Department of Pathology, HATS Division, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Transfusion 51:1469-76. 2011..It is imperative to have a sufficient number of products for patients requiring transfusion, but outdating PLTs is a financial burden and a waste of a resource...
- Profound thrombocytopenia and survival of hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients without clinically significant bleeding, using prophylactic platelet transfusion triggers of 10 x 10(9) or 20 x 10(9) per LShoshan Nevo
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 47:1700-9. 2007..This retrospective analysis evaluates thrombocytopenia and survival of 381 hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) patients without clinically significant bleeding, with 10 x 10(9) and 20 x 10(9) per L prophylactic triggers...
- Allergic transfusion reactions to platelets are associated more with recipient and donor factors than with product attributesWilliam J Savage
Department of Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Transfusion 51:1716-22. 2011..Mechanisms of allergic transfusion reactions (ATRs) are not well understood. The aim of this study was to distinguish recipient-, donor-, and product-specific factors associated with ATRs...
- The impact of platelet additive solution apheresis platelets on allergic transfusion reactions and corrected count increment (CME)Aaron A R Tobian
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Transfusion 54:1523-9; quiz 1522. 2014..We evaluated the impact of InterSol platelet additive solution (PAS) apheresis platelets (APs) on the incidence of ATRs and the posttransfusion platelet (PLT) increment...
- The impact of apheresis platelet manipulation on corrected count incrementMatthew Karafin
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Transfusion 52:1221-7. 2012..However, these processes may damage platelets (PLTs). This study evaluated whether concentrating or washing APs decrease the corrected count increment (CCI)...
- Bacterial culture reduces but does not eliminate the risk of septic transfusion reactions to single-donor plateletsAlice K Fuller
Department of Pathology, Hemapheresis and Transfusion Services Division, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 49:2588-93. 2009..6 per 100,000; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.17-36.9 per 100,000) transfusions. The goal of this study was to determine if bacterial testing of SDPs reduced the rate of SPTRs in our hospital...
- Acute bleeding complications in patients after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with prophylactic platelet transfusion triggers of 10 x 10(9) and 20 x 10(9) per LShoshan Nevo
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 47:801-12. 2007..This retrospective analysis evaluates utilization of blood transfusions, risk of bleeding, and survival in 480 HSCT patients at 10 x 10(9) and 20 x 10(9) per L prophylactic trigger levels...