Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Treatment of primary CNS lymphoma with methotrexate and deferred radiotherapy: a report of NABTT 96-07Tracy Batchelor
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1044-9. 2003..A multicenter, phase II study of single-agent, intravenous methotrexate in newly diagnosed non-AIDS-related primary CNS lymphoma was conducted in the New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy (NABTT) CNS Consortium...
- A safety run-in and randomized phase 2 study of cilengitide combined with chemoradiation for newly diagnosed glioblastoma (NABTT 0306)L Burt Nabors
Brain Tumor Treatment and Research Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Cancer 118:5601-7. 2012....
- Dose escalation of carmustine in surgically implanted polymers in patients with recurrent malignant glioma: a New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium trialAlessandro Olivi
The New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium, 1650 Orleans St, Room G93, The Sydney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1845-9. 2003....
- An inflatable balloon catheter and liquid 125I radiation source (GliaSite Radiation Therapy System) for treatment of recurrent malignant glioma: multicenter safety and feasibility trialStephen B Tatter
Department of Neurosurgery, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
J Neurosurg 99:297-303. 2003..In this study the authors evaluated the safety and performance of the GliaSite Radiation Therapy System (RTS) in patients with recurrent malignant brain tumors who were undergoing tumor resection...
- Suramin and radiotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma: phase 2 NABTT CNS Consortium studyJohn J Laterra
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Neuro Oncol 6:15-20. 2004..However, overall survival is not significantly improved when compared with the New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy GBM database or other comparable patient populations...
- Prognostic factors for survival in adult patients with recurrent glioma enrolled onto the new approaches to brain tumor therapy CNS consortium phase I and II clinical trialsKathryn A Carson
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2601-6. 2007..Prognostic factor analyses have proven useful in predicting outcome in patients with newly diagnosed malignant glioma. Similar analyses in patients with recurrent glioma could affect the design and conduct of clinical trials substantially...
- Survival of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma treated with radiation and temozolomide in research studies in the United StatesStuart A Grossman
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2443-9. 2010..Results of these phase II studies are typically compared with the phase III European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) survival data that resulted in RT + TMZ becoming standard therapy...
- Talampanel with standard radiation and temozolomide in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: a multicenter phase II trialStuart A Grossman
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 1550 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4155-61. 2009..Talampanel is a well-tolerated, oral alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor blocker that could be beneficial in this disease...
- A prospective multicenter study of venous thromboembolism in patients with newly-diagnosed high-grade glioma: hazard rate and risk factorsMichael B Streiff
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 7300, Baltimore, MD, 21205, USA
J Neurooncol 124:299-305. 2015..Therefore, outpatient primary VTE prophylaxis remains investigational until more effective primary prophylaxis strategies and therapies for glioma are identified. ..
- The analgesic effect of magnetic acupressure in cancer patients undergoing bone marrow aspiration and biopsy: a randomized, blinded, controlled trialTing Bao
The University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21212, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 41:995-1002. 2011..Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy (BMAB) is a frequently performed and painful procedure...
- The effect of enzyme-inducing antiseizure drugs on the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of procarbazine hydrochlorideStuart A Grossman
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 1000, and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5174-81. 2006..This study was conducted to determine if the maximum tolerated dose and pharmacokinetics of PCB are affected by the concurrent use of enzyme-inducing antiseizure drugs (EIASD)...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of irinotecan in adults with recurrent malignant gliomaMark R Gilbert
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2940-9. 2003....
- A phase I open-label, dose-escalation, multi-institutional trial of injection with an E1B-Attenuated adenovirus, ONYX-015, into the peritumoral region of recurrent malignant gliomas, in the adjuvant settingE Antonio Chiocca
The NABTT CNS Consortium, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mol Ther 10:958-66. 2004..In 2 patients who underwent a second resection 3 months after ONYX-015 injection, a lymphocytic and plasmacytoid cell infiltrate was observed. Injection of ONYX-015 into glioma cavities is well tolerated at doses up to 10(10) pfu...
- Oral sodium phenylbutyrate in patients with recurrent malignant gliomas: a dose escalation and pharmacologic studySurasak Phuphanich
The New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuro Oncol 7:177-82. 2005..The pharmacology of PB appears to be affected by concomitant administration of P450-inducing anticonvulsants...
- Phase I safety study of escalating doses of atrasentan in adults with recurrent malignant gliomaSurasak Phuphanich
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Neuro Oncol 10:617-23. 2008..Further study of atrasentan with radiation therapy and temozolomide in newly diagnosed GBM is warranted to evaluate the efficacy of this novel agent...
- Phase 2 trial of copper depletion and penicillamine as antiangiogenesis therapy of glioblastomaSteven Brem
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Neurosurgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine and Neuro Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Neuro Oncol 7:246-53. 2005..Although serum copper was effectively reduced by diet and penicillamine, this antiangiogenesis strategy did not improve survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme...
- Phase I and correlative biology study of cilengitide in patients with recurrent malignant gliomaL Burt Nabors
New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1651-7. 2007..This multi-institutional phase I trial was designed to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of cilengitide (EMD 121974) and to evaluate the use of perfusion magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with recurrent malignant glioma...
- Phase I trial of polifeprosan 20 with carmustine implant plus continuous infusion of intravenous O6-benzylguanine in adults with recurrent malignant glioma: new approaches to brain tumor therapy CNS consortium trialJon Weingart
New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:399-404. 2007....
- Phase II clinical and pharmacologic study of radiation therapy and carboxyamido-triazole (CAI) in adults with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiformeTom Mikkelsen
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:259-63. 2007..This study examined the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of oral CAI in the treatment of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) in an open-label, single arm non-randomized phase 2 trial...