Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- The basic linker of macroH2A stabilizes DNA at the entry/exit site of the nucleosomeSrinivas Chakravarthy
T C Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:8285-95. 2012..By stabilizing the wrapping of DNA around the histone core, this basic linker of macroH2A may alter the distribution of nucleosome-associated factors, and potentially contribute to the more compacted nature of heterochromatin...
- Decoupling nucleosome recognition from DNA binding dramatically alters the properties of the Chd1 chromatin remodelerAshok Patel
T C Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:1637-48. 2013....
- Analysis of the role of PCNA-DNA contacts during clamp loadingRandall McNally
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Department of Chemistry, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences QB3, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Struct Biol 10:3. 2010..In an ATP-dependent reaction, clamp loader complexes, such as the Replication Factor-C (RFC) complex in eukaryotes, open the clamp and load it around primer-template DNA...
- Mechanisms of ATP-dependent nucleosome slidingGregory D Bowman
T C Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218 2685, USA
Curr Opin Struct Biol 20:73-81. 2010..Advantages and challenges of several nucleosome sliding models are discussed...
- Extranucleosomal DNA binding directs nucleosome sliding by Chd1Jeffrey N McKnight
TC Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218 2685, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4746-59. 2011..These results suggest that the DNA-binding domain's affinity for extranucleosomal DNA is the key determinant for the direction that Chd1 shifts the nucleosome...
- Crystallographic Investigations of Replication Factor CGREGORY BOWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..