B A Bernhardt
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Billing and Record-Keeping for Familial Cancer Risk Counseling: A National SurveyB A Bernhardt
J Genet Couns 7:317-30. 1998..The feasibility and advisability of keeping results separate from the patient's medical record also needs to be addressed. ..
- Prenatal genetic testing: content of discussions between obstetric providers and pregnant womenB A Bernhardt
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 91:648-55. 1998..To document the content and accuracy of discussions about prenatal genetic testing between obstetric providers and pregnant women...
- Decision-making about breast cancer susceptibility testing: how similar are the attitudes of physicians, nurse practitioners, and at-risk women?G Geller
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2868-76. 1998..To determine what consumers and providers would want to discuss about breast cancer susceptibility testing (BCST) and their preferred role in testing decisions...
- Effects of obstetrician gender on communication and patient satisfactionD L Roter
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21209, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:635-41. 1999..To describe patient-obstetrician communication during the first prenatal visit and its relationship to physician gender and patient satisfaction...
- Participation in breast cancer susceptibility testing protocols: influence of recruitment source, altruism, and family involvement on women's decisionsG Geller
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 8:377-83. 1999....
- Genetics professionals' experiences with grief and loss: implications for support and trainingG Geller
Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Genet 77:421-9. 2010..Greater attention should be paid to training clinicians in how to deal with grief and loss, and supporting them through such difficult experiences in an effort to reduce their distress...