Eli E Bar
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- New developments in medulloblastoma treatment: the potential of a cyclopamine-lovastatin combinationEli E Bar
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 720 Rutland Avenue, Ross Building 558, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:185-95. 2008..The safety of such approach, however, still needs to be tested in animal models of the disease before its application in human patients...
- Frequent gains at chromosome 7q34 involving BRAF in pilocytic astrocytomaEli E Bar
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:878-87. 2008..These data indicate that focal gains at chromosome 7q34 and increased BRAF-MEK-ERK signaling are common findings in sporadic pilocytic astrocytomas...
- Hedgehog signaling promotes medulloblastoma survival via Bc/IIEli E Bar
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Ave, Ross Building 558, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Pathol 170:347-55. 2007..These data demonstrate that BclII is an important mediator of Hh activity in medulloblastoma and suggest new strategies for combined chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Hypoxia increases the expression of stem-cell markers and promotes clonogenicity in glioblastoma neurospheresEli E Bar
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1491-502. 2010....
- Glioblastoma, cancer stem cells and hypoxiaEli E Bar
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Brain Pathol 21:119-29. 2011..This review examines the recently described effects of hypoxia on CSC in GBM, and the potential promise in targeting the hypoxic pathway therapeutically...
- The Notch target Hes1 directly modulates Gli1 expression and Hedgehog signaling: a potential mechanism of therapeutic resistanceKarisa C Schreck
Department of Neuroscience, Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:6060-70. 2010..We investigated whether brain tumors show resistance to therapies against Notch, and whether targeting multiple pathways simultaneously would kill brain tumor cells more effectively than monotherapy...
- Cyclopamine-mediated hedgehog pathway inhibition depletes stem-like cancer cells in glioblastomaEli E Bar
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 720 Rutland Avenue, Ross Building 558, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Stem Cells 25:2524-33. 2007..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Notch signaling promotes growth and invasion in uveal melanomaLaura Asnaghi
Department of Pathology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:654-65. 2012..To determine whether uveal melanoma, the most common primary intraocular malignancy in adults, requires Notch activity for growth and metastasis...
- A polymeric nanoparticle formulation of curcumin inhibits growth, clonogenicity and stem-like fraction in malignant brain tumorsKah Jing Lim
Graduate Program in Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 11:464-73. 2011..Our data suggest that curcumin nanoparticles can inhibit malignant brain tumor growth through the modulation of cell proliferation, survival and stem cell phenotype...
- BRAF alterations in primary glial and glioneuronal neoplasms of the central nervous system with identification of 2 novel KIAA1549:BRAF fusion variantsAlex Lin
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 71:66-72. 2012..The prognostic and therapeutic significance of this alteration is unclear and merits further study...
- Lateral inhibition of Notch signaling in neoplastic cellsKah Jing Lim
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, Maryland, USA
Oncotarget 6:1666-77. 2015..Understanding how this neoplastic lateral inhibition process functions in cancer cells may be important in targeting ligand driven Notch signaling in solid tumors. ..
- Hypoxia promotes uveal melanoma invasion through enhanced Notch and MAPK activationLaura Asnaghi
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e105372. 2014....
- ZEB1 Promotes Invasion in Human Fetal Neural Stem Cells and Hypoxic Glioma NeurospheresUlf D Kahlert
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Brain Pathol 25:724-32. 2015..These data support the role for ZEB1 in invasive and high-grade brain tumors and suggest its key role in promoting invasion in the hypoxic tumor core as well as in the periphery. ..