Brenda W Campbell-Jenkins
Affiliation: Jackson State University
- Development of the Jackson Heart Study Coordinating CenterBrenda W Campbell-Jenkins
Jackson Heart Study, 350 West Woodrow Wilson Drive, Suite 701, Jackson, MS 39213 USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:1597-608. 2009..In summary, the JHSCC has emerged as an effective research mechanism that serves as the driving force behind the Jackson Heart Study activities...
- Joint effects of smoking and sedentary lifestyle on lung function in african americans: the jackson heart study cohortBrenda W Campbell Jenkins
Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, Mississippi, MS 39213, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:1500-19. 2014..Physically active smokers had higher lung function than their non physically active counterparts. ..
- Association of the joint effect of menopause and hormone replacement therapy and cancer in African American women: the Jackson Heart StudyBrenda W Campbell Jenkins
Jackson Heart Study Coordinating Center, Jackson State University, 350 West Woodrow Wilson Drive, Suite 701, Jackson, MS 39213, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:2491-504. 2011....
- Psychometric evaluation of a Coping Strategies Inventory Short-Form (CSI-SF) in the Jackson Heart Study cohortClifton C Addison
Jackson Heart Study Coordinating Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 4:289-95. 2007..This study provides empirical support for utilizing this instrument in future efforts to understand the role of coping in moderating health outcomes...
- Leptin is inversely associated with lung function in African Americans, independent of adiposity: the Jackson Heart StudyDeMarc A Hickson
Jackson State University, Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1054-61. 2011..Serum leptin concentration was strongly, inversely, and independently associated with lung function in African Americans, especially African-American men and obese women...
- Relationship between medication use and cardiovascular disease health outcomes in the Jackson Heart StudyClifton C Addison
Jackson Heart Study Project Health, Jackson State University, 350 W Woodrow Wilson Drive, Suite 701, Jackson, MS 39213, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:2505-15. 2011..Encouragement of this population to communicate with their healthcare providers to ensure that medication regimens are better tolerated could increase compliance and improve health outcomes...