Gagan A Pandya
Affiliation: J. Craig Venter Institute
- Assessing the utility of whole-genome amplified serum DNA for array-based high throughput genotypingKRISTINE L BUCASAS
Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Genet 10:85. 2009..This study provides a realistic and high-precision assessment of WGA DNA genotyping performance from 20-year old archived serum samples using the Affymetrix Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0 (SNP6.0) platform...
- Whole genome single nucleotide polymorphism based phylogeny of Francisella tularensis and its application to the development of a strain typing assayGagan A Pandya
Pathogen Functional Genomics Resource Center, J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
BMC Microbiol 9:213. 2009..However, lower cost typing schemes are necessary in order to enable typing of hundreds or even thousands of isolates...
- Monitoring the long-term molecular epidemiology of the pneumococcus and detection of potential 'vaccine escape' strainsGagan A Pandya
Pathogen Functional Genomics Resource Center, J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e15950. 2011....
- A bioinformatic filter for improved base-call accuracy and polymorphism detection using the Affymetrix GeneChip whole-genome resequencing platformGagan A Pandya
Pathogen Functional Genomics Resource Center, The Institute for Genomic Research at the J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:e148. 2007..Our approach eliminated 91% of the false-positive single-nucleotide polymorphism calls identified in the SCHU S4 query sample, at the cost of 10.7% of the true positives, yielding a total base-calling accuracy of 99.992%...
- High quality protein microarray using in situ protein purificationKeehwan Kwon
Pathogen Functional Genomics Resource Center, J Craig Venter Institute, 9704 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
BMC Biotechnol 9:72. 2009..Optimized in situ purification of His-tagged recombinant proteins has the potential to become the new gold standard for cost-effective generation of high-quality and high-density protein microarrays...