Rosanne M Crooke
Affiliation: Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Antisense oligonucleotide directed to human apolipoprotein B-100 reduces lipoprotein(a) levels and oxidized phospholipids on human apolipoprotein B-100 particles in lipoprotein(a) transgenic miceEsther Merki
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0682, USA
Circulation 118:743-53. 2008..Lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] is a genetic cardiovascular risk factor that preferentially binds oxidized phospholipids (OxPL) in plasma. There is a lack of therapeutic agents that reduce plasma Lp(a) levels...
- Metabolism of antisense oligonucleotides in rat liver homogenatesR M Crooke
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad Research Center, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:140-9. 2000....
- An apolipoprotein B antisense oligonucleotide lowers LDL cholesterol in hyperlipidemic mice without causing hepatic steatosisRosanne M Crooke
Cardiovascular Group, Antisense Drug Discovery, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2292 Faraday Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Lipid Res 46:872-84. 2005....
- Antisense oligonucleotides as therapeutics for hyperlipidaemiasRosanne M Crooke
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1896 Rutherford Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:907-17. 2005..This article describes the antisense technology platform, highlights the advantages of these novel drugs for the treatment of hyperlipidaemia and reviews the current research in this area...
- Comparison of the pharmacological profiles of murine antisense oligonucleotides targeting apolipoprotein B and microsomal triglyceride transfer proteinRichard G Lee
Cardiovascular Antisense Drug Discovery Group, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA 92010, USA
J Lipid Res 54:602-14. 2013..Thus, although both drugs effectively lowered LDL-C levels in mice, the apoB ASO produced a more positive liver safety profile...
- Antisense oligonucleotide inhibition of cholesteryl ester transfer protein enhances RCT in hyperlipidemic, CETP transgenic, LDLr-/- miceThomas A Bell
Cardiovascular Antisense Drug Discovery Group, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad, CA 92010
J Lipid Res 54:2647-57. 2013..These preliminary findings suggest that CETP ASOs may represent an alternative means to inhibit that target and to support their continued development as a treatment for cardiovascular disease in man. ..
- Antisense oligonucleotide inhibition of apolipoprotein C-III reduces plasma triglycerides in rodents, nonhuman primates, and humansMark J Graham
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA 92010, USA
Circ Res 112:1479-90. 2013..Furthermore, elevated apoC-III levels have been associated with metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus. To date, no selective apoC-III therapeutic agent has been evaluated in the clinic...
- Antisense oligonucleotide reduction of apoB-ameliorated atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-deficient miceAdam E Mullick
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 52:885-96. 2011....
- Antisense technology: an emerging platform for cardiovascular disease therapeuticsRichard G Lee
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2855 Gazelle Court, Carlsbad, CA, 92010, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 6:969-80. 2013....
- Cross-species comparison of in vivo PK/PD relationships for second-generation antisense oligonucleotides targeting apolipoprotein B-100Rosie Z Yu
Primary Laboratory of Origin, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1896 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 77:910-9. 2009..The cross-species PK/PD relationships provide confidence in the use of pharmacology animal models to predict human dosing for second-generation ASOs targeting the liver...
- Antisense inhibition of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 reduces serum LDL in hyperlipidemic miceMark J Graham
Cardiovascular Group, Department of Antisense Drug Discovery, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Lipid Res 48:763-7. 2007..Antisense inhibition of PCSK9 is an attractive and novel therapeutic approach for treating hypercholesterolemia in human...
- Antisense oligonucleotides targeting apolipoprotein(a) in people with raised lipoprotein(a): two randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trialsNicholas J Viney
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA, USA
Lancet 388:2239-2253. 2016..We aimed to assess the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of two unique antisense oligonucleotides designed to lower Lp(a) concentrations...
- Angiotensinogen Exerts Effects Independent of Angiotensin IIHong Lu
From the Saha Cardiovascular Research Center H L, C W, D A H, A B, J J M, X C, M Z, A D Departments of Physiology H L, A D, Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences C W, L A C, A D, and Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry C W V K, University of Kentucky, Lexington Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad, CA M J G, A E M, R M C and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ D L F
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 36:256-65. 2016..This study determined whether angiotensinogen (AGT) has angiotensin II-independent effects using multiple genetic and pharmacological manipulations...
- Modulation of lipoprotein metabolism by antisense technology: preclinical drug discovery methodologyRosanne M Crooke
Cardiovascular Disease Research, Antisense Drug Discovery, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1027:309-24. 2013....
- Role of Insulin in the Regulation of Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin/Kexin Type 9Ji Miao
From the Division of Endocrinology, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, MA J M, P V M, M E H, A V L, D J S, S B B Cardiovascular Disease Research, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA M J G, R M C and Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System, CA J L
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 35:1589-96. 2015..The objective of these studies was to determine the effects of insulin on PCSK9 in vitro and in vivo...
- Targeted depletion of hepatic ACAT2-driven cholesterol esterification reveals a non-biliary route for fecal neutral sterol lossJ Mark Brown
Department of Pathology, Biochemistry, and Orthopedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1040, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10522-34. 2008..Collectively, these studies provide the first insight into the hepatic itinerary of cholesterol when cholesterol esterification is inhibited only in the liver, and provide evidence for a novel non-biliary route of fecal sterol loss...
- In vivo antisense oligonucleotide reduction of NPC1 expression as a novel mouse model for Niemann Pick type C- associated liver diseaseVictoria M Rimkunas
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Hepatology 47:1504-12. 2008..Key features include hepatomegaly, lipid storage, elevated serum liver enzymes, and increased apoptosis...
- Liver-specific inhibition of acyl-coenzyme a:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 with antisense oligonucleotides limits atherosclerosis development in apolipoprotein B100-only low-density lipoprotein receptor-/- miceThomas A Bell
Department of Pathology, Section on Lipid Sciences, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1814-20. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of liver-specific inhibition of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 (ACAT2) on the development of hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis in mice...
- Aberrant hepatic expression of PPARgamma2 stimulates hepatic lipogenesis in a mouse model of obesity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and hepatic steatosisYuan Li Zhang
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 281:37603-15. 2006..The mechanism whereby hepatic Ppargamma2 gene expression is increased and how PPARgamma2 stimulates lipogenesis is under investigation...
- Reduction of hepatosteatosis and lipid levels by an adipose differentiation-related protein antisense oligonucleotideYumi Imai
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19010, USA
Gastroenterology 132:1947-54. 2007..We postulated that a reduction in ADRP would ameliorate hepatic steatosis and improve insulin action...
- Stability of polycationic complexes of an antisense oligonucleotide in rat small intestine homogenatesMaría González Ferreiro
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 55:19-26. 2003..The association of oligonucleotides with several polycationic substances proved to be an alternative to chemical modification in order to stabilize oligonucleotides in the gastrointestinal tract against nucleolytic degradation...
- Potent reduction of apolipoprotein B and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol by short-term administration of an antisense inhibitor of apolipoprotein BJohn J P Kastelein
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, PO Box 22700, Room F4 159 2, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 114:1729-35. 2006..In the present study, we describe the outcome of the first-in-humans study on the safety and efficacy of an antisense oligonucleotide inhibitor of apoB...
- A mouse monoclonal antibody specific for mouse apoB48 and apoB100 produced by immunizing "apoB39-only" mice with mouse apoB48Anh T Nguyen
Lipoprotein and Atherosclerosis Research Group, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 4W7
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:182-5. 2006..The antibody will be an important reagent for studying mouse models of atherosclerosis. The study also underscores the utility of genetically modified mice for generating mouse mAbs against mouse proteins...