Affiliation: International Center for Research on Women
- Population-based HIV testing and counseling in rural Uganda: participation and risk characteristicsL C Nyblade
International Center for Research on Women, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:463-70. 2001..To assess self-selection in a population-based voluntary HIV testing and counseling (VTC) program by comparing the HIV risk characteristics of users and nonusers of VTC in rural Uganda...
- Measuring HIV stigma: existing knowledge and gapsLaura C Nyblade
International Center for Research on Women ICRW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Psychol Health Med 11:335-45. 2006....
- Combating HIV stigma in health care settings: what works?Laura Nyblade
International Center for Research on Women, Washington, DC, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 12:15. 2009..What is needed now is the political will and resources to support and scale up stigma-reduction activities throughout health care settings globally...
- Self-reported abortion-related morbidity: a comparison of measures in Madhya Pradesh, IndiaLaura Nyblade
Stigma, Discrimination and Gender, International Center for Research on Women, Washington, DC, USA
Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health 36:140-8. 2010..Globally, abortion-related morbidity places a largely unmeasured physical, social and economic burden on women, yet little research has examined population-level morbidity, particularly in developing countries...
- "Once I begin to participate, people will run away from me": understanding stigma as a barrier to HIV vaccine research participation in KenyaLaura Nyblade
Research Triangle Institute International, 805 15th St, NW, Suite 601, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Vaccine 29:8924-8. 2011....
- A brief, standardized tool for measuring HIV-related stigma among health facility staff: results of field testing in China, Dominica, Egypt, Kenya, Puerto Rico and St. Christopher & NevisLaura Nyblade
Health Policy Project and RTI International, Washington, DC, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 16:18718. 2013..In response, an international consortium led by the Health Policy Project, has developed and field tested a stigma measurement tool for use with health facility staff...