Institute for Environmental Toxicology
Organization: Institute for Environmental Toxicology
- Mechanisms of TCDD-induced abnormalities and embryo lethality in white leghorn chickensA L Blankenship
National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Department of Zoology, Institute for Environmental Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 136:47-62. 2003....
- Toxicity reference values for mink exposed to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) equivalents (TEQs)A L Blankenship
ENTRIX, Inc, Okemos, 4295 Okemos Road, Suite 101, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 69:325-49. 2008..Risk assessors should be aware that exceedance of these TRVs would not necessarily be expected to lead to ecologically relevant adverse effects because of the inherently conservative assumptions made in the TRV derivation process...
- Novel trends in endocrine disruptor testing: the H295R Steroidogenesis Assay for identification of inducers and inhibitors of hormone productionMarkus Hecker
ENTRIX, Inc, Toxicology Centre, University of Saskatchewan, 44 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B3, Canada
Anal Bioanal Chem 390:287-91. 2008
- Passaic river sediment interstitial water phase I toxicity identification evaluationDenise P Kay
ENTRIX, Inc, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Chemosphere 70:1737-47. 2008..This conclusion is supported by toxicity removal via filtration, lack of toxicity in the Microtox((R)) assays, and the fact that whole sediments were more toxic than was interstitial water...
- Acute and chronic effects of perfluorobutane sulfonate (PFBS) on the mallard and northern bobwhite quailJ L Newsted
ENTRIX, Inc, 4295 Okemos Road, Suite 101, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 54:535-45. 2008..Based on the results from the quail reproduction study, the dietary NOAEC was 900 mg PFBS/kg, ww feed (equivalent to an ADI of 87.8 mg PFBS/kg bw/d)...
- Pharmacokinetics and acute lethality of perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS) to juvenile mallard and northern bobwhiteJohn L Newsted
ENTRIX, Inc, 4295 Okemos Rd, Okemos, Michigan, 48864, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 50:411-20. 2006..Concentrations of PFOS in juvenile mallard and quail liver associated with mortality are at least 50-fold greater than the single maximum PFOS concentration that has been measured in livers of avian wildlife...
- Differential accumulation of polychlorinated biphenyl congeners in the terrestrial food web of the Kalamazoo River Superfund site, MichiganAlan L Blankenship
ENTRIX, Inc, 4295 Okemos Road, Suite 101, Okemos, Michigan 48864, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:5954-63. 2005....
- Effects of atrazine on metamorphosis, growth, laryngeal and gonadal development, aromatase activity, and sex steroid concentrations in Xenopus laevisKatherine K Coady
Department of Zoology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Institute for Environmental Toxicology, Michigan State University, E Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 62:160-73. 2005..E2-exposed female frogs had decreased gonadal aromatase activity, and E2-exposed male frogs had statistically greater plasma concentrations of E2 compared to controls...
- Evaluation of a constructed wetland treatment system specifically designed to decrease bioavailable copper in a wastestreamCynthia L Murray-Gulde
ENTRIX, Inc, 621 North Ave NE, Suite A 125, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 61:60-73. 2005..Average ratio of acid volatile sulfides to simultaneously extractable metals was 1.4: 0.06 micromol/g indicating sufficient sulfides to sequester available metals in the system...
- Effect of light, temperature, and pH on the accumulation of phenol by Selenastrum capricornutum, a green algaJohn L Newsted
Department of Resource Conservation, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA 01002, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 59:237-43. 2004..The results from this study demonstrate that accumulation of organics by algae is not simply a partitioning process but one that can be influenced by the interaction of biotic and abiotic variables...
- Markov chain analysis of succession in a rocky subtidal communityM Forrest Hill
Institute of Theoretical Dynamics, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Am Nat 164:E46-61. 2004..Colonization rates and turnover times, however, are lowest and longest in coral reefs, highest and shortest in intertidal communities, and intermediate in subtidal communities...
- Effects of atrazine on metamorphosis, growth, and gonadal development in the green frog (Rana clamitans)Katherine Coady
Department of Zoology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Institute for Environmental Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 67:941-57. 2004..This study provides evidence that environmentally relevant concentrations of atrazine do not adversely affect the growth or reproductive development of R. clamitans...
- Assessment of the ecological effects of arsenic on a southern Ohio, USA streamGeorge M Huddleston
ENTRIX, Pendleton, South Carolina 29670, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 5:302-19. 2009..The sediment quality triad investigation indicated that Davis Creek was not significantly affected by arsenic associated with the BEP discharge despite having measured arsenic concentrations that exceeded sediment screening values...