Julie L Otte
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Medication use in breast cancer survivors compared to midlife womenJulie L Otte
Indiana University School of Nursing, 1111 Middle Drive NU W401, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Support Care Cancer 21:1827-33. 2013....
- Factor analysis of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index in breast cancer survivorsJulie L Otte
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 45:620-7. 2013..Thus, it is important to evaluate its factor structure. The two-process model of sleep regulation was the theoretical framework for this study...
- Feasibility study of acupuncture for reducing sleep disturbances and hot flashes in postmenopausal breast cancer survivorsJulie L Otte
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 25:228-36. 2011..Objectiveswere (1) to describe patterns of acupuncture point use; (2) evaluate outcome expectancy, credibility, and acceptability relative to the intervention; and (3) evaluate patterns of symptom change over time...
- Methodological issues in the investigation of ginseng as an intervention for fatigueJulie L Elam
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 20:183-9. 2006..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of a larger clinical trial to investigate the efficacy of ginseng for treating breast cancer-related fatigue...
- Theories, models, and frameworks related to sleep-wake disturbances in the context of cancerJulie L Otte
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:90-104; quiz 105-6. 2009..Although several commonalities across models did emerge, a more comprehensive and widely used model could help guide nursing research to facilitate effective symptom management for this prominent problem in cancer...
- Prevalence, severity, and correlates of sleep-wake disturbances in long-term breast cancer survivorsJulie L Otte
Center for Nursing Research, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 39:535-47. 2010..Current evidence shows that sleep-wake disturbances are a persistent problem linked to poor quality of life in women surviving breast cancer. Information regarding correlates of sleep-wake disturbances in long-term survivors is sparse...
- Nighttime variability in wrist actigraphyJulie L Otte
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Nurs Meas 19:105-14. 2011..This suggests that in BCSs, Actiwatch data could be collected and evaluated from any single night for an accurate measure of usual sleep...
- Paced respiration for vasomotor and other menopausal symptoms: a randomized, controlled trialJanet S Carpenter
Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:193-200. 2013..Paced respiration has been internationally recommended for vasomotor symptom management, despite limited empirical evidence...
- Sleep disorders in breast cancer survivorsJulie L Otte
Indiana University School of Nursing, 600 Barnhill Drive NUW401, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
Support Care Cancer 24:4197-205. 2016....
- Sleep, fatigue, and depressive symptoms in breast cancer survivors and matched healthy women experiencing hot flashesJanet S Carpenter
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 31:591-5598. 2004....
- Symptom clusters among MsFLASH clinical trial participantsNancy Fugate Woods
1Biobehavioral Nursing, University of Washington 2Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 3Science of Nursing Care, School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 4Center for Women s Mental Health Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Clinical Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 5Department of Medicine and Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota 6Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, MN 7Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology and Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 8Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 9Department of Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
Menopause 23:158-65. 2016....
- Evaluating the role of serotonin in hot flashes after breast cancer using acute tryptophan depletionJanet S Carpenter
Department of Adult Health, School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46220, USA
Menopause 16:644-52. 2009..Using an acute tryptophan depletion paradigm, we tested whether alterations in central serotonin levels were involved in the induction of hot flashes in women with breast cancer...
- Systematic review of sleep disorders in cancer patients: can the prevalence of sleep disorders be ascertained?Julie L Otte
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Indiana
Cancer Med 4:183-200. 2015....
- Somatosensory amplification and menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors and midlife womenJanet S Carpenter
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, United States Electronic address
Maturitas 78:51-5. 2014....
- Comparison of subjective and objective hot flash measures over time among breast cancer survivors initiating aromatase inhibitor therapyJulie L Otte
Schools of 1Nursing and 2Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Menopause 16:653-9. 2009..The study (1) compared subjective and objective hot flash measures, (2) examined changes in subjective and objective hot flashes over time, and (3) evaluated predictors of change in hot flashes in aromatase inhibitor-treated women...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trials of venlafaxine for hot flashes after breast cancerJanet S Carpenter
Indiana University, 1111 Middle Drive NU340D, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Oncologist 12:124-35. 2007....
- Word Adjacency Graph Modeling: Separating Signal From Noise in Big DataWendy R Miller
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
West J Nurs Res . 2016..The method can be used to identify patient-driven research questions from large social media data sets and results can inform the development of patient-centered interventions...
- Evaluating the Sleep Hygiene Awareness and Practice Scale in Midlife Women With and Without Breast CancerJulie L Otte
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis
J Nurs Meas 24:258-67. 2016..The purposes of this study were to (a) evaluate the psychometric properties of the Sleep Hygiene Awareness and Practice Scale (SHAPS) and (b) compare SHAPS scores between midlife women with and without breast cancer...
- Finding the Patient's Voice Using Big Data: Analysis of Users' Health-Related Concerns in the ChaCha Question-and-Answer Service (2009-2012)Chad Priest
Social Network Health Research Laboratory at the Indiana University School of Nursing, School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, United States
J Med Internet Res 18:e44. 2016....
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index in women with hot flashesJulie L Otte
1School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 2Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN 3University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA 4University of Minnesota School of Public Health and Epidemiology, Minneapolis, MN 5Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 6Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA
Menopause 22:1190-6. 2015..This one-factor structure has not received consistent support in the literature. The goal of this analysis was to determine the best factor structure of the PSQI in women with hot flashes...
- Systematic review of health-related quality of life modelsTamilyn Bakas
Indiana University School of Nursing, 1111 Middle Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:134. 2012..A systematic literature review was conducted to (a) identify the most frequently used health-related quality of life (HRQOL) models and (b) critique those models...
- State of the Science: Taxane-Induced Musculoskeletal PainLorie L Davis
Author Affiliations Department of Science of Nursing Care Drs Carpenter and Otte, School of Nursing, Indiana University Ms Davis, Indianapolis
Cancer Nurs 39:187-96. 2016..Taxane-induced musculoskeletal pain (TIMP) is 1 treatment-related symptom likely undermining cancer survivors' health-related quality of life...
- Perceived Changes in Sleep in Adults With EpilepsyWendy R Miller
Questions or comments about this article may be directed to Wendy R Miller, PhD RN CCRN, at She is an Assistant Professor, Department of Science of Nursing Care, Indiana University School of Nursing, Bloomington, IN Julie L Otte, PhD RN, is Assistant Professor, Department of Science of Nursing Care, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN Madona Pleuger, MSN RN CNRN ACNS BC, is Clinical Nurse Specialist, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
J Neurosci Nurs 48:179-84. 2016....
- Oral Endocrine Therapy Nonadherence, Adverse Effects, Decisional Support, and Decisional Needs in Women With Breast CancerJennifer L Milata
Author Affiliations Department of Science of Nursing Care, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis
Cancer Nurs . 2016..Because many BCSs decide not take OET as recommended because of adverse effects, understanding BCSs' decisional supports and needs is foundational to supporting quality OET decision making about whether to adhere to OET...
- A systematic review of analyses of the concept of quality of life in nursing: exploring how form of analysis affects understandingJanet S Fulton
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 35:E1-12. 2012....