Affiliation: Indiana University
- Systematic review of interdisciplinary interventions in nursing homesArif Nazir
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 14:471-8. 2013..We conducted a systematic evidence review to study the benefits of interdisciplinary interventions on outcomes of NH residents. We also examined the interdisciplinary features of successful trials, including those that used formal teams...
- Falls and nursing home residents with cognitive impairment: new insights into quality measures and interventionsArif Nazir
Indiana University, School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 3012, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:819.e1-6. 2012..This study examines the relationship between CI, residence on dementia special care units (SCUs) and other resident characteristics and likelihood of residents experiencing new falls in NHs...
- Monitoring quality of care for nursing home residents with behavioral and psychological symptoms related to dementiaArif Nazir
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:660-7. 2011..Quality indicators (QI) assessing quality of care for these residents are minimally risk adjusted and can provide inaccurate information regarding the quality of care provided by the facility...
- Impact of an inpatient geriatric consultative service on outcomes for cognitively impaired patientsArif Nazir
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Hosp Med 10:275-80. 2015..Impact of geriatric consultative services (GCS) on hospital readmission and mortality outcomes for cognitively impaired (CI) patients is not known...
- Race and documentation of cognitive impairment in hospitalized older adultsNoll L Campbell
College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana Center for Aging Research, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Department of Pharmacy, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:506-11. 2014..To evaluate whether race influences agreement between screening results and documentation of cognitive impairment and delirium...
- Interaction between cognitive impairment and discharge destination and its effect on rehospitalizationArif Nazir
School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:1958-63. 2013..To evaluate the effect of cognitive impairment on rehospitalization in older adults...
- The Optimizing Patient Transfers, Impacting Medical Quality, andImproving Symptoms:Transforming Institutional Care approach: preliminary data from the implementation of a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services nursing facility demonstration projectKathleen T Unroe
Center for Aging Research, Indiana University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana School of Medicine, Indiana University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indianapolis, Indiana Research in Palliative and End of Life Communication and Training Signature Center, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Am Geriatr Soc 63:165-9. 2015..The success of the overall initiative will be measured primarily according to reduction in avoidable hospitalizations of long-stay nursing facility residents. ..