Gilbert C Liu
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Green neighborhoods, food retail and childhood overweight: differences by population densityGilbert C Liu
Indiana University School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Riley Research Bldg 330, 699 West Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:317-25. 2007..We hypothesize that living in greener neighborhoods, farther from fast food restaurants, and closer to supermarkets would be associated with lower risk of overweight...
- Use of unstructured parent narratives to evaluate medical student competencies in communication and professionalismGilbert C Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:207-13. 2007..We sought to examine free-text comments by parents of pediatric inpatients as substrate for competency evaluation and feedback for third-year students on their pediatrics rotation...
- Using GPS-enabled cell phones to track the travel patterns of adolescentsSarah E Wiehe
Children s Health Services Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, 410 West 10th Street, HS1020, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Health Geogr 7:22. 2008..For example, health-related behaviors such as cigarette smoking often occur in specific places where smoking may be relatively surreptitious...
- The role of perceived parent monitoring and support on urban child and adolescent problem behaviorMatthew C Aalsma
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, 410 W 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:61-6. 2011..Strategies for preventing problem behavior within urban communities will be more effective if they are tailored to gender and developmental factors...
- Gender differences in the association between perceived discrimination and adolescent smokingSarah E Wiehe
Children s Health Services Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Public Health 100:510-6. 2010..We examined associations between perceived racial/ethnic discrimination, gender, and cigarette smoking among adolescents...
- Adolescent travel patterns: pilot data indicating distance from home varies by time of day and day of weekSarah E Wiehe
Children s Health Services Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:418-20. 2008..Such GPS technology holds promise for future adolescent health research in allowing more specific and dynamic measurement of where adolescents spend time...
- Training young pediatricians as leaders for the 21st centuryLaurel K Leslie
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123 0282, USA
Pediatrics 115:765-73. 2005..To conduct a needs assessment with young pediatricians who participate in a leadership training program and to evaluate the effectiveness of that program...
- Environmental Risks of Obesity (PESERO) ProjectGilbert Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research request will provide the basis for an R01 research application to study an intervention that modifies environmental factors to prevent obesity. ..