- Telecare management of pain and depression in patients with cancer: patient satisfaction and predictors of useShelley A Johns
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:126-39. 2011..Only a minority of ASM reports triggered a nurse call, suggesting the efficiency of coupling clinician-delivered telecare management with automated monitoring...
- Longitudinal comparison of three depression measures in adult cancer patientsShelley A Johns
School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 45:71-82. 2013..Although a number of depression measures have been used with cancer patients, longitudinal comparisons of several measures in the same patient population have been infrequently reported...
- Translating dignity therapy into practice: effects and lessons learnedShelley A Johns
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Omega (Westport) 67:135-45. 2013..DT was found to be feasible and acceptable to the majority of patients and their families. DT outcomes will be presented, along with suggestions for clinicians who are interested in offering DT in their practices...
- Somatic symptoms in cancer patients trajectory over 12 months and impact on functional status and disabilityKurt Kroenke
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Support Care Cancer 21:765-73. 2013..Cross-sectional studies have established the prevalence and functional impairment of somatic symptoms in cancer patients. The purpose of this study was to determine the trajectory and adverse consequences of such symptoms over time...
- Randomized controlled pilot study of mindfulness-based stress reduction for persistently fatigued cancer survivorsShelley A Johns
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Psychooncology 24:885-93. 2015..Evidence-based treatments that are acceptable to patients are critically needed. This study examined the efficacy of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) for CRF and related symptoms...