Affiliation: Indiana University
- Caring for parents with neurodegenerative disease: a qualitative descriptionBarbara Habermann
Center for Aging Research, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 27:182-7. 2013..The objective of this study was to explore the positive aspects experienced by adult children in providing care to their parent who has either Parkinson's or Alzheimer's disease...
- Research coordinators' experiences with scientific misconduct and research integrityBarbara Habermann
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Nurs Res 59:51-7. 2010..g., biostatisticians) involved in the research enterprise. However, by virtue of their position, research coordinators are often closest to the research field where much of misconduct occurs...
- Deciding to institutionalize: why do family members cease caregiving at home?Susan M McLennon
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 42:95-103. 2010....
- Finding meaning as a mediator of burden on the health of caregivers of spouses with dementiaSusan M McLennon
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Aging Ment Health 15:522-30. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the role of finding meaning in caregiving as a way of coping and potential mediator of the effect of caregiver burden on caregiver health, controlling for potentially influencing factors...
- Comparing treatment fidelity between study arms of a randomized controlled clinical trial for stroke family caregiversSusan M McLennon
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indiana University, USA
Clin Rehabil 30:495-507. 2016..To compare treatment fidelity among treatment arms in the Telephone Assessment and Skill-Building Kit study for stroke caregivers (TASK II) with respect to: 1) protocol adherence; 2) intervention dosage and 3) nurse intervener perspectives...
- Scientific misconduct from the perspective of research coordinators: a national surveyErica R Pryor
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
J Med Ethics 33:365-9. 2007..To report results from a national survey of coordinators and managers of clinical research studies in the US on their perceptions of and experiences with scientific misconduct...
- Needs and concerns of male combat Veterans with mild traumatic brain injuryVirginia S Daggett
VISN 11 VA Center for Applied Systems Engineering VA CASE, Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, HSR and D Mail Code 11H, 1481 West 10th St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 50:327-40. 2013..Findings provide preliminary support for a new, context-specific conceptual model that has the potential to identify areas for future interventions to enhance community reintegration of combat Veterans with mTBI. ..
- Lessons learned from a Parkinson's disease caregiver intervention pilot studyBarbara Habermann
School of Nursing, Center for Aging, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
Appl Nurs Res 19:212-5. 2006..Recommendations for researchers who conduct interventions with older persons in community-based settings are included...
- Tracking patterns of needs during a telephone follow-up programme for family caregivers of persons with strokeTamilyn Bakas
a School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Disabil Rehabil 38:1780-90. 2016..The purpose of this study was to explore patterns of perceived needs and skill-building during a stroke caregiver intervention programme...
- Developing a cost template for a nurse-led stroke caregiver intervention programTamilyn Bakas
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 25:41-6. 2011....
- A review of health-related quality of life in adult traumatic brain injury survivors in the context of combat veteransVirginia Daggett
National VA Stroke QUERI, Health Services, Research and Development, Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 41:59-71. 2009..The objective of this review was to identify gaps in current knowledge of HRQOL and TBI. These findings were then used to develop recommendations for future research with combat veterans who have sustained a TBI...
- Accruing the sample: strategies for recruiting older adult and African Americans caregivers for persons with Alzheimer's diseaseSusan M McLennon
Indiana University, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Appl Nurs Res 25:e1-6. 2012..Strategies used to accrue the samples are discussed within the framework of knowledge, planning, and creativity...
- Task difficulty and life changes among stroke family caregivers: relationship to depressive symptomsSusan M McLennon
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 95:2484-90. 2014..To investigate differences in stroke caregiver task difficulty and life changes based on level of caregiver depressive symptoms, and to estimate probabilities among task difficulty and life change items...
- Impact of perceived cognitive impairment in breast cancer survivorsDiane Von Ah
Indiana University, School of Nursing, 1111 Middle Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Eur J Oncol Nurs 17:236-41. 2013....
- Differential attrition in a caregiver skill training trialLinda Lindsey Davis
School of Nursing, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Res Nurs Health 29:498-506. 2006..Findings suggest caregiver trial contact strategies may need to be tailored to retain different caregiver groups...
- Ready or not: planning for health declines in couples with advanced multiple sclerosisHannah Chen
IU Health Methodist Cardiovascular Surgical Services, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 45:38-43. 2013..Findings suggest that providers may need to assess quality of communication between partners, because strained communication may negatively affect the process of informed healthcare decision making...
- Content and face validity of the marwitmeuser caregiver grief inventory (short form) in African American caregiversSusan M McLennon
a School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Death Stud 38:365-73. 2014..Results from this study provide evidence for content and face validity of the MMCGI-SF for use in AA caregivers. ..
- The Scientific Misconduct Questionnaire--Revised (SMQ-R): validation and psychometric testingMarion E Broome
School of Nursing, Indiana University, 1111 Middle Dr NU 132, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Account Res 12:263-80. 2005....
- Participant-centered adaptations in caregiver trials: strategies for managing confoundsLinda Lindsey Davis
School of Nursing, Duke University, Durham, NC 27210, USA
Nurs Outlook 53:73-8. 2005..Informal caregivers are similar to other participants in community-based trials: many are unlikely to remain in a trial without procedural adaptations to meet some of their needs...
- Hiring the right people and management of research staffDuck Hee Kang
University of Alabama Birmingham, School of Nursing, USA
West J Nurs Res 27:1059-66. 2005..Necessary activities include the clear identification of positions and qualifications, recruiting the best, and hiring, training, and retaining the right staff. Tips and strategies for problem solving during each step are included...
- Scientific Misconduct: Role of the Research CoordinatorBarbara Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2004....