Genomes and Genes
Michael J Ferkowicz
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Blood island formation: longstanding observations and modern interpretationsMichael J Ferkowicz
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Exp Hematol 33:1041-7. 2005....
- Endothelial cells in the early murine yolk sac give rise to CD41-expressing hematopoietic cellsWeiming Li
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Stem Cells Dev 14:44-54. 2005..These results demonstrate that CD41-expressing definitive hematopoietic cells appear to arise from endothelial cells lining nascent capillaries in vivo...
- Whole embryo imaging of hematopoietic cell emergence and migrationMichael J Ferkowicz
Department of Pediatrics, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 750:143-55. 2011..The methods employed to examine yolk sac hematopoiesis may be applied to hematopoietic cell emergence in the embryo proper or fetal liver in the generation of a complete map of hematopoietic ontogeny...
- Embryonic day 9 yolk sac and intra-embryonic hemogenic endothelium independently generate a B-1 and marginal zone progenitor lacking B-2 potentialMomoko Yoshimoto
Department of Pediatrics, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1468-73. 2011..The results of these studies expand our knowledge of hemogenic endothelial sites specifying distinct B-1 and MZ cell fates apart from B-2 cells and independent of an HSC origin during development...
- Identification of a novel hierarchy of endothelial progenitor cells using human peripheral and umbilical cord bloodDavid A Ingram
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 104:2752-60. 2004....
- Differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells to cells similar to cord-blood endothelial colony-forming cellsNutan Prasain
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Nat Biotechnol 32:1151-7. 2014..We identify Neuropilin-1 (NRP-1)-mediated activation of KDR signaling through VEGF165 as a critical mechanism for the emergence and maintenance of CB-ECFC-like cells. ..
- Mitochondrial targeting of human O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase protects against cell killing by chemotherapeutic alkylating agentsShanbao Cai
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 West Walnut, R4 302C, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cancer Res 65:3319-27. 2005....
- CD41 expression defines the onset of primitive and definitive hematopoiesis in the murine embryoMichael J Ferkowicz
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 130:4393-403. 2003....
- Rac1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis and for the initial seeding of fetal liver with definitive hematopoietic progenitor cellsGabriel Ghiaur
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation and Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, and Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH, USA
Blood 111:3313-21. 2008..These data suggest that Rac1 plays an important role in HSC/P migration during embryonic development and is essential for the emergence of intraembryonic hematopoiesis...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and endothelial cells modulate Notch signaling in the bone marrow microenvironment during inflammationLuis Fernandez
Center of Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Exp Hematol 36:545-558. 2008....
- PECAM-1 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells throughout ontogeny and identifies a population of erythroid progenitorsChristina I Baumann
Center for Hematologic Malignancies, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Sciences University UHN73C 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, 97239, USA
Blood 104:1010-6. 2004..These results demonstrate CD31 expression on hematopoietic stem cells throughout ontogeny and identify a population of CD31+ short-term erythroid progenitors cells that confer protection from lethal doses of radiation...