Affiliation: Indiana University
- Understanding nurse workPatricia R Ebright
Clin Nurse Spec 18:168-70. 2004
- Understanding hope and factors that enhance hope in women with breast cancerPatricia R Ebright
School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:561-8. 2002..To examine the extent to which antecedent variables and appraisals differentiate levels of hope in women during treatment for breast cancer...
- Understanding the complexity of registered nurse work in acute care settingsPatricia R Ebright
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Ind 46202 5107, USA
J Nurs Adm 33:630-8. 2003..Our findings suggest beginning targets for interventions to improve patient safety, as well as recruitment and retention, through support for registered nurse work...
- Themes surrounding novice nurse near-miss and adverse-event situationsPatricia R Ebright
Indiana University School of Nursing, 1111 Middle Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Nurs Adm 34:531-8. 2004..The study purpose was to identify human performance factors that characterized novice nurse near-miss/adverse-event situations in acute-care settings...
- Sleepless in America: nurse managers cope with stress and complexityMaria R Shirey
Shirey and Associates, Evansville, Indiana 47725, USA
J Nurs Adm 38:125-31. 2008..The authors discuss nurse manager interview data showing that these expectations are increasing nurse manager perceptions of stress, making coping more difficult, and potentially harming nurse manager and work environment well-being...
- Blame--do you know it when you see it?Patricia Ebright
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Ind, USA
Outcomes Manag 7:91-3. 2003
- Barriers and facilitators to nursing handoffs: Recommendations for redesignCatherine Amber Welsh
Research Faculty, School of Engineering Technology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Nurs Outlook 58:148-54. 2010....