Mary Guerriero Austrom
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Use of a multiparty web based videoconference support group for family caregivers: Innovative practiceMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center, IU Center for Aging Research, Indiana University School of Medicine IUSM, IN, USA
Dementia (London) 14:682-90. 2015....
- A collaborative Alzheimer disease research exchange using a community-based Helpline as a recruitment toolMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, Wesley P Martin of Alzheimer Disease Education, Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 24:S49-53. 2010..We believe if the clinical trial coordinator could call the caregivers with information about studies and projects, recruitment, and retention through the Helpline would be more successful...
- Frontotemporal dementia caregivers and researchers: partnering for brain donationMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 26:477-83. 2011..The lack of effective communication between the clinicians and caregivers was a barrier to developing positive rapport, detrimentally impacting research participation...
- Development and implementation of nonpharmacologic protocols for the management of patients with Alzheimer's disease and their families in a multiracial primary care settingMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, 541 Clinical Dr, CL 590, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Gerontologist 44:548-53. 2004....
- Long term caregiving: helping families of persons with mild cognitive impairment copeMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, Leader, Education Core, Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1111 West 10th Street, PB 305, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 6:392-8. 2009....
- Depressed mood in informal caregivers of individuals with mild cognitive impairmentYueh Feng Yvonne Lu
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 22:273-85. 2007..Controlling for relevant variables, relational deprivation and caregiver education continued to be significantly associated with depressed mood. Relational deprivation may be important for future interventions...
- Connecting research discovery with care delivery in dementia: the development of the Indianapolis Discovery Network for DementiaMalaz A Boustani
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Clin Interv Aging 7:509-16. 2012..The US Institute of Medicine has recommended an integrated, locally sensitive collaboration among the various members of the community, health care systems, and research organizations to improve dementia care and dementia research...
- Who refuses the diagnostic assessment for dementia in primary care?Malaz Boustani
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2872, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:556-63. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify the characteristics of patients who refuse a clinical diagnostic assessment for dementia after screening...
- New workforce development in dementia care: screening for "caring": preliminary dataAnn H Cottingham
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Health Services Research, Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:1364-8. 2014..The process did not appear to be overly burdensome for candidates, and interviewers noted that it was helpful in discriminating between candidates. ..