- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme
Roy A Black
Immunex Corporation, 51 University Street, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:1-5. 2002
..The pharmaceutical industry is attempting to design specific TACE inhibitors to treat inflammatory diseases...
- TACE/ADAM-17 enzymatic activity is increased in response to cellular stimulation
John R Doedens
Department of Cell Biology, Amgen Inc, 51 University St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:331-8. 2003
..Based on these observations, induction of TACE-mediated shedding events occurs at least in part via an increase in the enzymatic activity of cellular TACE, independent of its cytoplasmic domain...
- A proteomic approach for the identification of cell-surface proteins shed by metalloproteases
Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101 2936, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 1:30-6. 2002
..In addition, a group of proteins were newly identified as being shed. The method provides an unbiased means to screen for shed proteins...
- Structure-function relationship and role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme in the down-regulation of L-selectin by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Maria Victoria Gómez-Gaviro
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, C Diego de Leon 62, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:38212-21. 2002
- Growth hormone receptor is a target for presenilin-dependent gamma-secretase cleavage
Jon W Cowan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19331-42. 2005
..These data indicate that the GHR is subject to sequential proteolysis by metalloprotease and gamma-secretase activities and may suggest GH-independent roles for the GHR...
- Inactivation of membrane tumor necrosis factor alpha by gingipains from Porphyromonas gingivalis
Department of Cell Biochemistry, Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Gronostajowa 7, 30 387 Cracow, Poland
Infect Immun 73:1506-14. 2005
..Thus, gingipains are able not only to cleave soluble TNF-alpha but also to destroy the membrane form of the cytokine, which may additionally dysregulate the cytokine network...
- TIMP3 checks inflammation
Roy A Black
Nat Genet 36:934-5. 2004
..This result confirms the physiological importance of the soluble form of TNF and identifies TIMP3 as a crucial regulator of this inflammatory cytokine...
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha stimulates expression of TNF-alpha converting enzyme in endothelial cells
Department of Cell Biochemistry, Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Eur J Biochem 271:2808-20. 2004
..Therefore, ADAM17-dependent depletion of membrane-bound tumor necrosis factor receptors from endothelial cells might constitute a mechanism of self-protection in states of prolonged immunostimulation...
- An assessment of ADAMs in bone cells: absence of TACE activity prevents osteoclast recruitment and the formation of the marrow cavity in developing long bones
Nordic Bioscience CCBR, Herlev Hovedgade 207, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
FEBS Lett 553:257-61. 2003
..This suggests a role of TACE in the recruitment of osteoclasts to future resorption sites...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) regulates epidermal growth factor receptor ligand availability
Susan Wohler Sunnarborg
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12838-45. 2002
..Collectively, these data support a broad role for TACE in the regulated shedding of EGFR ligands...
- Reduced proteolysis of rabbit growth hormone (GH) receptor substituted with mouse GH receptor cleavage site
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:1931-43. 2003
..These findings suggested that the GHR cleavage sites in the two species differ in their susceptibility to cleavage. This difference may underlie interspecies variation in utilization of proteolysis to generate GHBP...
- TACE/ADAM17 processing of EGFR ligands indicates a role as a physiological convertase
David C Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7260, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 995:22-38. 2003
..The implications of these results for the biology of the EGF family and TACE are discussed...
- Metalloprotease-mediated GH receptor proteolysis and GHBP shedding. Determination of extracellular domain stem region cleavage site
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50510-9. 2002
..These results suggest that inducible GHR proteolysis can regulate GH signaling...
- Photic injury promotes cleavage of p75NTR by TACE and nuclear trafficking of the p75 intracellular domain
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 36:449-61. 2007
..Increased levels of p75NTR and TACE were observed in photoreceptor cells of animals with photic injury. Our findings support a role for TACE in the proteolytic cleavage of p75NTR and light-induced apoptosis...