J C Lai
Affiliation: Idaho State University
- Hexokinase in astrocytes: kinetic and regulatory propertiesJ C Lai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Idaho State University, Pocatello 83209, USA
Metab Brain Dis 14:125-33. 1999..The results obtained for astroglial HK are compatible with those reported for the highly purified preparations of brain HK. These data are of direct relevance to the assessment of glycolytic flux and its regulation in astrocytes...
- Manganese mineral interactions in brainJ C Lai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Idaho State University College of Pharmacy, Pocatello 83209, USA
Neurotoxicology 20:433-44. 1999..The cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying manganese-mineral interactions in brain are still poorly defined and merit further investigation...
- Chronic hypoxia in development selectively alters the activities of key enzymes of glucose oxidative metabolism in brain regionsJames C K Lai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho 83209 8334, USA
Neurochem Res 28:933-40. 2003..g., decreased in energy metabolism) in childhood diseases (e.g., sudden infant death syndrome) in which hypoxia plays a role...
- Prosthetic devices: challenges and implications of robotic implants and biological interfacesJ C K Lai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, 921 S 8th Avenue, Stop 8288, Pocatello, ID, 83209 8288, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 221:173-83. 2007....
- Differential glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH) activity profile in patients with temporal lobe epilepsyGauri H Malthankar-Phatak
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho 83209, USA
Epilepsia 47:1292-9. 2006....