William B Lawson
Affiliation: Howard University
- Ziprasidone in Black patients with schizophrenia: analysis of four short-term, double-blind studiesWilliam B Lawson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Howard University College of Medicine and Hospital, Washington, DC 20060, USA
CNS Spectr 14:478-86. 2009....
- Sleep paralysis and trauma, psychiatric symptoms and disorders in an adult African American population attending primary medical careThomas A Mellman
Department ofPsychiatry, Howard University Mental Health Clinic, 530 College St, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:435-40. 2008..Our findings suggest that SP is not uncommon in adult African Americans and is associated with trauma and concurrent distress but not with a specific psychiatric diagnosis...
- PTSD treatment of African American adults in primary care: the gap between current practice and evidence-based treatment guidelinesRuth Elaine Graves
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Howard University, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 103:585-93. 2011..This study is an examination of PTSD treatment of African Americans in the primary care setting. Actual treatment provision is contrasted with existing evidence-based PTSD treatment guidelines...
- Serotonin polymorphisms and posttraumatic stress disorder in a trauma exposed African American populationThomas A Mellman
Howard University College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Washington, District of Columbia 20060, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:993-7. 2009....
- Genome-wide association analysis of age at onset and psychotic symptoms in bipolar disorderPamela Belmonte Mahon
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:370-8. 2011..8 years in age at onset. Age at onset and psychotic symptoms in BP may be influenced by many genes of smaller effect sizes or other variants not measured well by SNP arrays, such as rare alleles...
- Risperidone in the treatment of Hispanic inpatients with schizophrenia: a pilot studyEdyta J Frackiewicz
Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Psychiatry 65:371-4. 2002..A trend toward more frequently occurring extrapyramidal symptoms among Hispanics was also found, which suggests that dosages lower than those typically recommended may be necessary in Hispanic schizophrenics...
- Trauma, resilience, and recovery in a high-risk African-American populationTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1566-75. 2008....
- Genome-wide linkage and follow-up association study of postpartum mood symptomsPamela Belmonte Mahon
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1229-37. 2009..The authors then fine-mapped their best linkage regions, assessing single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for genetic association with postpartum symptoms...
- Factors associated with non-adherence to Buprenorphine-naloxone among opioid dependent African-Americans: A retrospective chart reviewSuneeta Kumari
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia
Am J Addict 25:110-7. 2016..To identify risk factors for non-adherence, this chart review study examined the association between DSM-IV Axis I psychiatric disorders, substance use, demographics, and adherence to BUP-naloxone in African-American patients...
- Resilience to meet the challenge of addiction: psychobiology and clinical considerationsTanja N Alim
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Alcohol Res 34:506-15. 2012..The ultimate goal of such research is the development of strategies and interventions to enhance resilience and coping in the face of stress and prevent the onset of addiction problems or relapse...
- Culturally adapted pharmacotherapy and the integrative formulationMansoor Malik
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Howard University, 2041 Georgia Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20060, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 19:791-814. 2010....
- Diagnosing bipolar disorder in trauma exposed primary care patientsRuth Elaine Graves
Howard University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20011, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:318-23. 2007..The current study is an examination of the usefulness of this instrument in a trauma exposed subgroup of mainly African American patients attending primary care clinics...
- COLLABORATIVE GENOMIC STUDY OF BIPOLAR DISORDERWilliam Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analysis of the existing sib pair families plus this large set of cases and controls should permit the confirmation of several vulnerability genes during this grant period. ..
- Ethnicity and the Diagnosis of Affective IllnessWilliam Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final objective is to determine whether Latinos are at risk for similar problems in diagnostic assessments and treatment assignment. ..
- Genetics of Early-Onset DepressionWilliam Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..