Timothy A Brown
Affiliation: Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Approaches toward super-resolution fluorescence imaging of mitochondrial proteins using PALMTimothy A Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus, 19700 Helix Drive, Ashburn, VA 20147 2408, USA
Methods 51:458-63. 2010..PALM and similar methods have the capacity to dramatically increase our ability to image proteins within mitochondria, and to expand our knowledge of the location of macromolecules beyond the current limits of immunoEM...
- Superresolution fluorescence imaging of mitochondrial nucleoids reveals their spatial range, limits, and membrane interactionTimothy A Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4994-5010. 2011..Determinations revealing high packing density, separation from the matrix, and tight association with the inner membrane underscore the role of mechanisms that regulate access to mtDNA and that remain largely unknown...
- Native R-loops persist throughout the mouse mitochondrial DNA genomeTimothy A Brown
Janelia Farm Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, Virginia 20147 2408, USA
J Biol Chem 283:36743-51. 2008..These results demonstrate that variously processed and targeted mtRNAs within mammalian mitochondria likely have multiple functions in addition to their conventional roles...
- Replication of mitochondrial DNA occurs by strand displacement with alternative light-strand origins, not via a strand-coupled mechanismTimothy A Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815, USA
Genes Dev 19:2466-76. 2005..These data reconcile the original displacement mode of replication with the data obtained from 2D gel analyses...
- Genesis and wanderings: origins and migrations in asymmetrically replicating mitochondrial DNATimothy A Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus, Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Cell Cycle 5:917-21. 2006..The assortment and assignment of these forms is relevant to the interpretation of experimental data and may also yield insight into the molecular basis of replication errors...
- Mitochondrial Transcription Factor A (TFAM) Binds to RNA Containing 4-Way Junctions and Mitochondrial tRNATimothy A Brown
Janelia Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0142436. 2015..The amount of each immunoprecipitated tRNA is not well correlated with tRNA celluar abundance, indicating unequal TFAM binding preferences. TFAM-mt-tRNA interaction suggests potentially new functions for this protein. ..
- Release of replication termination controls mitochondrial DNA copy number after depletion with 2',3'-dideoxycytidineTimothy A Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5323, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:2004-10. 2002..However, termination of D-loop strand synthesis is persistent, indicating formation of the D-loop structure has a purpose that is required under conditions of rapid recovery of depleted mtDNA...