Affiliation: HIV Research Branch
- Effect of highly active antiretroviral therapy on diagnoses of sexually transmitted diseases in people with AIDSS Scheer
Seroepidemiology and Surveillance Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94102 6033, USA
Lancet 357:432-5. 2001..We examined whether taking HAART increased the risk of acquiring an STD--an epidemiological marker of unsafe sex--in people with AIDS...
- Undiagnosed and unreported AIDS deaths: results from the San Francisco Medical ExaminerS Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, City and County of San Francisco, 25 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102, U S A
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:467-71. 2001..Current surveillance activities, which identify cases from health care settings, are appropriate. To decrease deaths among HIV-infected persons, suicide prevention and substance abuse treatment programs are needed...
- Combination antiretroviral therapy and recent declines in AIDS incidence and mortalityE Vittinghoff
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Infect Dis 179:717-20. 1999..The introduction of combination antiretroviral therapy as the standard of care may already have had measurable effects...
- Feasibility and suitability of targeting young gay men for HIV vaccine efficacy trialsS Scheer
AIDS Office, San Francisco Department of Public Health, California 94102 6033, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 20:172-8. 1999....
- HIV is hyperendemic among men who have sex with men in San Francisco: 10-year trends in HIV incidence, HIV prevalence, sexually transmitted infections and sexual risk behaviourS Scheer
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94102 6033, USA
Sex Transm Infect 84:493-8. 2008..To evaluate trends in the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men (MSM) in San Francisco and the implications for HIV prevention...
- Trends in the HIV Epidemic Among African American Men Who Have Sex with Men, San Francisco, 2004-2011V Fuqua
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA, 94102, USA
AIDS Behav 19:2311-6. 2015..However, we suggest that the observed stability is due to factors prohibiting expansion of new infections rather than decreasing risks for HIV infection among African American MSM. ..