Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Effective and safe combination therapy for severe acne vulgaris: a randomized, vehicle-controlled, double-blind study of adapalene 0.1%-benzoyl peroxide 2.5% fixed-dose combination gel with doxycycline hyclate 100 mgLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Cutis 85:94-104. 2010..These findings provide evidence on the efficacy of combining A/BPO and the oral antibiotic doxycycline in the treatment of severe acne vulgaris...
- Moderate and Severe Inflammatory Acne Vulgaris Effectively Treated with Single-Agent Therapy by a New Fixed-Dose Combination Adapalene 0.3 %/Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5 % Gel: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Controlled StudyLinda Stein Gold
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 17:293-303. 2016..A need exists for topical treatments in managing more severe inflammatory acne...
- Calcipotriol Plus Betamethasone Dipropionate Aerosol Foam is Effective, Independent of Body Mass Index and the Extent and Severity of PsoriasisLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Dermatol Ther (Heidelb) 6:667-673. 2016..This subanalysis from the Phase III PSO-FAST study evaluates the amount of Cal/BD foam used during treatment and the association between the extent and severity of baseline disease...
- Safety and efficacy of tazarotene foam for the treatment of acne vulgarisErica L Epstein
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol 6:123-5. 2013..Tazarotene foam is the first topical retinoid foam approved for the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- What's new in acne and inflammation?Linda F Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 12:s67-9. 2013..Recent evidence suggests that subclinical inflammation is the primary event in lesion development and that inflammation persists throughout the lesion life-cycle. Therefore, all types of acne should be considered "inflammatory" acne...
- Efficacy and tolerability of fixed-combination acne treatment in adolescentsLinda Stein Gold
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cutis 91:152-9. 2013..The once-daily regimen, early signs of improvement, favorable cutaneous tolerability profile, and participant satisfaction may lead to increased adherence and improved clinical outcomes...
- Betamethasone valerate foam for treatment of nonscalp psoriasisL F Stein
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 6777 Maple Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 5:303-7. 2001..12% (Luxiq, Connectics Corporation, Palo Alto, CA) is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of corticosteroid-responsive scalp dermatoses, no data are available for its use on nonscalp psoriasis...
- Clinical studies of a new vehicle formulation for topical corticosteroids in the treatment of psoriasisLinda Stein
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:S39-49. 2005..The unique nature of the foam vehicle, together with the positive findings of in vitro studies suggest these new foam formulations may expand the options currently available for combination therapy...
- A North American study of adapalene-benzoyl peroxide combination gel in the treatment of acneLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health Systems, Dermatology Department, 3031 W Grand Blvd, Ste 800, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cutis 84:110-6. 2009..In a large clinical trial, the adapalene-BPO fixed-dose combination gel has shown superiority in efficacy compared with adapalene and BPO monotherapies and vehicle, with an early onset of efficacy and a good safety profile...
- Fixed-combination products in the management of acne vulgarisLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Cutis 85:160-7. 2010..In the absence of direct comparative clinical trials, this review provides timely guidance for clinicians on the use of these agents...
- A phase IV, open-label study evaluating the use of triple-combination therapy with minocycline HCl extended-release tablets, a topical antibiotic/retinoid preparation and benzoyl peroxide in patients with moderate to severe acne vulgarisAndrea L Zaenglein
Penn State College of Medicine Hershey Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Hershey, PA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 12:619-25. 2013..lt;br>..
- Is switching retinoids a sound strategy for the treatment of acne vulgaris?Linda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, MI, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:s11-7. 2008..The results of this study indicate that daily therapy with adapalene 0.1% gel for 12 weeks was noninferior to switch therapy...
- The MORE trial: effectiveness of adapalene gel 0.1% in real-world dermatology practicesLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
Cutis 78:12-8. 2006..The MORE trial confirms that adapalene gel 0.1% is effective in clearing both inflammatory and noninflammatory acne lesions in patients with moderate to moderately severe acne...
- A systemic type I 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor is ineffective in the treatment of acne vulgarisJames Leyden
University of Pennsylvania Hospital, 36th and Spruce Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:443-7. 2004..These results indicate the need for further work at the molecular level to better understand the action of androgens on sebaceous gland function...