Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Recent advances in CSF biomarkers for Parkinson's diseasePeter LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Michigan 48322, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:S49-51. 2012..The ultimate goal is for CSF biomarkers also found in peripheral biospecimens, aiding in diagnostic screening applications and providing further clues as to the etiology of PD...
- A randomized trial of inhaled levodopa (CVT-301) for motor fluctuations in Parkinson's diseasePeter A LeWitt
Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State University School of Medicine, West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
Mov Disord 31:1356-65. 2016..CVT-301 is a levodopa inhalation powder with the potential for rapid onset of action. The objective of this study was to evaluate CVT-301 self-administered by PD patients to relieve OFF episodes...
- Levodopa therapy for Parkinson disease: A look backward and forwardPeter A LeWitt
From the Department of Neurology P A L, Henry Ford Hospital Department of Neurology P A L, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI and Department of Neurology S F, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
Neurology 86:S3-12. 2016..This article reviews highlights in the early development of levodopa therapy. In addition, it provides an overview of emerging drug delivery strategies that show promise for improving levodopa's pharmacologic limitations...
- New levodopa therapeutic strategiesPeter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State University School of Medicine, 6777 West Maple Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322, USA Electronic address
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 22:S37-40. 2016..S. include intestinal infusion, sustained-release microtablets, gastric-retentive formulations, a levodopa pro-drug, and methods for delivery of the drug by inhalation or subcutaneous infusion. ..
- Tardive dyskinesia caused by tetrabenazinePeter A LeWitt
Departments of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48322, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:92-3. 2013..There have been no prior reports of tardive dyskinesia with this drug...
- Rotigotine transdermal system for long-term treatment of patients with advanced Parkinson's disease: results of two open-label extension studies, CLEOPATRA-PD and PREFERPeter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 120:1069-81. 2013..2 points below baseline, respectively, at end of treatment. In these open-label studies, adjunctive rotigotine was efficacious with an acceptable safety and tolerability profile in patients with advanced PD for up to 6 years...
- Randomized clinical trial of fipamezole for dyskinesia in Parkinson disease (FJORD study)Peter A LeWitt
Departments of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurology 79:163-9. 2012..The primary study objective was to assess suppression of LID by fipamezole at day 28, as measured by the levodopa-induced dyskinesia scale (LIDS), a modification of the abnormal involuntary movement scale...
- Actively transported levodopa prodrug XP21279: a study in patients with Parkinson disease who experience motor fluctuationsPeter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield, MI 48322, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 35:103-10. 2012....
- CSF xanthine, homovanillic acid, and their ratio as biomarkers of Parkinson's diseasePeter LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Brain Res 1408:88-97. 2011..These observations add to other neurochemical evidence that links purine metabolism to Parkinson's disease...
- Pramipexole vs levodopa as initial treatment for Parkinson disease: a 4-year randomized controlled trialRobert G Holloway
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 220, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1044-53. 2004..The best way to initiate dopaminergic therapy for early Parkinson disease remains unclear...
- Rotigotine: a viewpoint by Peter LeWittPeter LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan and the Clinical Neuroscience Center, Southfield, MI, USA
CNS Drugs 19:983-4. 2005
- Impact of belief in neuroprotection on therapeutic intervention in Parkinson's diseaseRodger J Elble
Department of Neurology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, USA
Mov Disord 25:1082-6. 2010..We found the investigators' level of confidence in these agents had no effect on the time to symptomatic therapy or on the change in UPDRS during 12 months of treatment...
- Levodopa in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: current controversiesC Warren Olanow
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mov Disord 19:997-1005. 2004..Clinical trials to test this hypothesis are underway. We review current evidence relating to these areas of controversy...
- Intraoperative MRI for deep brain stimulation lead placement in Parkinson's disease: 1 year motor and neuropsychological outcomesChristos Sidiropoulos
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Program, Henry Ford Hospital, 6777 West Maple Road, West Bloomfield, MI, 48322, USA
J Neurol 263:1226-31. 2016..Our data are in accord with recent studies using the same or similar technologies and provide a rationale for a large comparative study of image-guided versus microelectrode guided DBS. ..
- Abnormal apocrine secretory cell mitochondria in a Huntington disease patientChristos Sidiropoulos
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48322, USA
J Neurol Sci 323:261-3. 2012..Biopsies from other HD patients have shown similar mitochondrial changes in cerebral neurons, muscle, fibroblasts, and lymphoblasts, adding to evidence for a systemic disturbance of mitochondria in HD...
- Comparison of dysphagia before and after deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's diseaseAlice K Silbergleit
Division of Speech Language Sciences and Disorders, Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48322, USA
Mov Disord 27:1763-8. 2012..Subjects with advanced PD who are undergoing DBS may perceive significant improvement in swallowing ability despite the lack of objective improvements in swallowing function...