Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Low admission LDL-cholesterol is associated with increased 3-year all-cause mortality in patients with non ST segment elevation myocardial infarctionMouaz H Al-Mallah
Division of Cardiology, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cardiol J 16:227-33. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that patients who develop non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) despite low LDL have a worse cardiovascular outcome in the long term...
- Beyond BMI: The "Metabolically healthy obese" phenotype & its association with clinical/subclinical cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality -- a systematic reviewLara L Roberson
Center for Prevention and Wellness Research, Baptist Health Medical Group, Michigan Ave Suite 500, Miami Beach, Florida
BMC Public Health 14:14. 2014..The purpose of this review was to analyze the literature which has examined the burden of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and all-cause mortality in the metabolically healthy obese (MHO) population...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in coronary artery disease and preserved left ventricular systolic function: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMouaz H Al-Mallah
Division of Cardiology, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1576-83. 2006..This study sought to assess the efficacy of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) in patients with coronary heart disease and preserved left ventricular (LV) function...
- Delay in invasive risk stratification of women with acute coronary syndrome is associated with worse outcomesMouaz Husayn Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:35-9. 2007..There is paucity of data on women undergoing invasive risk stratification. We investigated whether the time to coronary angiography affects survival of female patients admitted with ACS...
- Do angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers prevent diabetes mellitus? A meta-analysisMouaz Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Cardiol J 17:448-56. 2010..We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis to study the impact of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) on the incidence of new onset DM...
- Predictors and outcomes associated with gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with acute coronary syndromesMouaz Al-Mallah
Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:51-5. 2007..An important complication associated with these therapies is gastrointestinal bleeding (GIB); yet, the predictors, optimal management, and outcomes associated with GIB in ACS patients are poorly studied...
- Significance of high sensitivity C-reactive protein and D-dimer in evaluating intracardiac thrombus and spontaneous echo contrast in patients referred for transesophageal echocardiography: a prospective studyMohammed Abu-Mahfouz
Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Cardiol J 19:267-73. 2012..We aimed to determine if high sensitivity C-reactive protein (CRP) and D-dimer (DD), in combination with variables of lower thrombotic risk (normal ejection fraction [NEF], sinus rhythm [NSR]), may predict the absence of ICT/SEC...
- Long-term outcomes based on time-to-angioplasty in patients admitted with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromesMouaz Al-Mallah
Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Cardiac Cath Lab, k 2, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:251-5. 2005..We investigated the impact of the duration from hospital admission to coronary angiography on the outcome of patients admitted with non ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes (NSTE-ACS)...
- Active Lipid Management In Coronary Artery Disease (ALMICAD) studySanjaya Khanal
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich 48202, USA
Am J Med 120:734.e11-7. 2007..The effectiveness of such a strategy is not known. We sought to investigate whether a specialized clinic achieves better lipid results and clinical outcomes than standard care...
- Positive troponin in diabetic ketoacidosis without evident acute coronary syndrome predicts adverse cardiac eventsMouaz Al-Mallah
Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Clin Cardiol 31:67-71. 2008..However, the prognostic significance of troponin elevation in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) without evident ACS has not been studied...
- The impact of public smoking ban on the incidence of myocardial infarction hospitalizationsOwais Khawaja
Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 11:e121-9. 2010..In this article, we discuss the effect of smoking ban on the economy and on human health in general, as well as its potential effects on the prevalence of smoking...
- Long term favorable prognostic value of negative treadmill echocardiogram in the setting of abnormal treadmill electrocardiogram: a 95 month median duration follow-up studyMouaz Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1018-22. 2008....
- Isolated right ventricular infarct presenting as ventricular fibrillation arrest and confirmed by delayed-enhancement cardiac MRIJoao L Cavalcante
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, 2799 West Grand Blvd, K 14, Detroit, MI 48202, United States
Heart Lung Circ 19:620-3. 2010..This case uniquely combines this rare clinical sequence with DE-CMR images using gadolinium to confirm isolated RVMI. A brief review of RVMI presentation and associated EKG patterns is also discussed...
- Relationship of aortic valve calcification with coronary artery calcium severity: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Khurram Nasir
Division of Cardiology, Blalock 524 C, Johns Hopkins University, 600N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 4:41-6. 2010..Aortic valve calcification (AVC) and atherosclerosis share causative and pathologic features...
- Clinical application of cardiac CMRMouaz Al-Mallah
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 10:134-41. 2009..It can also be used to evaluate patients with chest pain and pericardial diseases...
- Adult bone marrow-derived cells for cardiac repair: a systematic review and meta-analysisAhmed Abdel-Latif
Division of Cardiology, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:989-97. 2007..However, the effects of BMC transplantation in patients with ischemic heart disease remains unclear...
- The association of clinical indication for exercise stress testing with all-cause mortality: the FIT ProjectJoonseok Kim
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Med Sci 12:303-9. 2016..We hypothesized that the indication for stress testing provided by the referring physician would be an independent predictor of all-cause mortality...
- The relationship between spontaneous echocontrast, transesophageal echocardiographic parameters, and blood hemoglobin levelsJoão Luiz Cavalcante
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:868-72. 2008..Increased hematocrit and fibrinogen levels have been associated with SEC in prior studies. Whether low hemoglobin (Hb) levels are an independent predictor of lower prevalence of SEC is a question that remains unanswered...