Patricia R Hebert
- Use of aspirin among diabetics in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: need for reliable randomized evidence and astute clinical judgmentPatricia R Hebert
Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1248-50. 2009..The American Heart Association Guidelines recommend aspirin for all apparently healthy individuals whose 10-year risk of a first coronary heart disease (CHD) event is >10%...
- The need for increased utilization of statins after occlusive strokePatricia R Hebert
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 16:364-7. 2011..All these considerations pose important and timely clinical and public health challenges concerning the need for wider utilization of statins in the treatment of patients with stroke...
- Hypothesis formulation from subgroup analyses: nonadherence or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use explains the lack of clinical benefit of aspirin on first myocardial infarction attributed to "aspirin resistance"Charles H Hennekens
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, 33431 0991, USA
Am Heart J 159:744-8. 2010..One major analytic study suggesting that "aspirin resistance" is a clinical reality was unable to control for confounding by nonadherence or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)...
- Academic perspectives on the United States Food and Drug Administration's guidance for industry on diabetes mellitusCharles H Hennekens
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431 0991, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 31:411-3. 2010..They must also achieve enough clinical endpoints to distinguish reliably between the null hypothesis of no effect and the most plausible alternative hypotheses of small benefit or harm...
- Modest dietary reductions in blood cholesterol have important public health benefitsCharles H Hennekens
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton 33431, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 14:85-8. 2009....