David J Dries
Affiliation: HealthPartners Research Foundation
- A rationale for lung recruitment in acute respiratory distress syndromeDavid J Dries
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota and Regions Hospital, St Paul, 55101 2595, USA
J Trauma 54:326-8. 2003
- Protocol-driven ventilator weaning reduces use of mechanical ventilation, rate of early reintubation, and ventilator-associated pneumoniaDavid J Dries
Department of Surgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
J Trauma 56:943-51; discussion 951-2. 2004....
- Inhalation injury: epidemiology, pathology, treatment strategiesDavid J Dries
Department of Surgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 21:31. 2013..Until the value of these and other approaches is confirmed, however, the clinical approach to inhalation injury is supportive...
- Collecting core data in severely injured patients using a consensus trauma template: an international multicentre studyKjetil Gorseth Ringdal
Department of Research, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Holterveien 24, N 1440 Drøbak, Norway
Crit Care 15:R237. 2011..This study evaluated the feasibility of collecting the data variables of the international consensus-derived Utstein Trauma Template...
- Recent advances in emergency life supportDavid J Dries
Department of Surgery, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St Paul, Minnesota 55101 2595, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 37:1-10, v. 2002....
- Management of burn injuries--recent developments in resuscitation, infection control and outcomes researchDavid J Dries
Regions Hospital, Department of Surgery, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:14. 2009..Later complications of burn injury are dominated by infection. Burn centers are often called to manage soft tissue problems outside thermal injury including soft tissue infection and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis...
- Cardiovascular support in septic shockDavid J Dries
Regions Hospital, MN 55101 2595, USA
Air Med J 26:240-7. 2007
- The contemporary role of blood products and components used in trauma resuscitationDavid J Dries
Level I Trauma and Burn Center, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 18:63. 2010..There is renewed interest in blood product use for resuscitation stimulated by recent military experience and growing recognition of the limitations of large-volume crystalloid resuscitation...
- Transient hemodynamic effects of recruitment maneuvers in three experimental models of acute lung injurySung Chul Lim
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Regions Hospital Healthpartners, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Crit Care Med 32:2378-84. 2004..We investigated the hemodynamic consequences of three RM techniques after inducing acute lung injury...
- Value and limitations of transpulmonary pressure calculations during intra-abdominal hypertensionGustavo A Cortes-Puentes
Department of Medicine, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Research, University of Minnesota, Regions Hospital, Minneapolis St Paul, MN, USA
Crit Care Med 41:1870-7. 2013..To clarify the effect of progressively increasing intra-abdominal pressure on esophageal pressure, transpulmonary pressure, and functional residual capacity...
- Time course of physiologic variables in response to ventilator-induced lung injuryDavid J Dries
Pulmonary Research Laboratory, Regions Hospital, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Respir Care 52:31-7. 2007..Similarly, the regional topographies of pleural pressure and tissue edema have not been carefully mapped for this injury process...
- Intercomparison of recruitment maneuver efficacy in three models of acute lung injurySung Chul Lim
Department of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, USA
Crit Care Med 32:2371-7. 2004..To compare the relative efficacy of three forms of recruitment maneuvers in diverse models of acute lung injury characterized by differing pathoanatomy...
- Cardiovascular and metabolic effects of high-dose insulin in a porcine septic shock modelJoel S Holger
Department of Emergency Medicine, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:429-35. 2010..In an animal model of severe septic shock, this study compared the effects of HDI treatment to normal saline (NS) resuscitation alone...
- Burn resuscitationFrederick W Endorf
The Burn Center, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St, Paul, MN 55101, USA
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:69. 2011..Here we briefly review the state-of-the-art and provide a sample of protocols now under investigation in North American burn centers...
- Increasing numbers of rib fractures do not worsen outcome: an analysis of the national trauma data bankBryan A Whitson
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, USA
Am Surg 79:140-50. 2013..Age and overall trauma burden are more powerful predictors of poor outcomes. Treatment focus should shift from the chest to the broader scope of injuries and comorbidities...
- Experimental intra-abdominal hypertension attenuates the benefit of positive end-expiratory pressure in ventilating effusion-compressed lungs*Paolo Formenti
Regions Hosptial, St Paul, MN, USA
Crit Care Med 40:2176-81. 2012..To test the ability of positive end-expiratory pressure to offset the reduction of resting lung volume caused by intra abdominal hypertension, unilateral pleural effusion, and their combination...
- Experimental intra-abdominal hypertension influences airway pressure limits for lung protective mechanical ventilationGustavo A Cortes-Puentes
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Research, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota, St Paul MN 55101, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:1468-73. 2013..Our study aimed to characterize the influence of elevated intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) and positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) on airway plateau pressure (PPLAT) and bladder pressure (PBLAD)...
- Absence of alveolar tears in rat lungs with significant alveolar instabilityLucio A Pavone
Department of Surgery, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Respiration 74:439-46. 2007..We hypothesized that VILI could be caused in part by alveolar recruitment/derecruitment resulting in gross tearing of the alveolus...
- Oscillations and noise: inherent instability of pressure support ventilation?John R Hotchkiss
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care and Section of Surgery, Regions Hospital and University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55101, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:47-53. 2002..In both mathematical and mechanical models, unstable behavior occurred at impedance values and ventilator settings that are clinically realistic...
- Impact of Chest Wall Modifications and Lung Injury on the Correspondence Between Airway and Transpulmonary Driving PressuresGustavo A Cortes-Puentes
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 2Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Research, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN 3Research Methodology Group, HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research, Bloomington, MN 4Department of Surgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN 5Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN
Crit Care Med 43:e287-95. 2015....
- Pulmonary microvascular fracture in a patient with acute respiratory distress syndromeJohn R Hotchkiss
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Regions Hospital and University of Minnesota Medical School, St Paul, MN, USA
Crit Care Med 30:2368-70. 2002..To present electron micrographs of lung tissue obtained from a patient exposed to high ventilatory pressures in the context of pulmonary dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension...
- Purpura fulminans due to Staphylococcus aureusGary R Kravitz
St Paul Infectious Disease Associates, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:941-7. 2005....
- Ventilator-induced lung injuryAlexander B Adams
HealthPartners Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Respir Care Clin N Am 9:343-62. 2003..Inflammatory response in VILI has been established, but a role for intervention, such as general or specific suppression of the response, has not been established...
- Noninvasive ventilationRobert D Acton
Department of Surgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, Minnesota 55101, USA
J Trauma 53:593-601. 2002
- Vasoactive drug support in septic shockDavid J Dries
Shock 26:529-30. 2006
- Effects of ventilatory pattern on experimental lung injury caused by high airway pressureDana A Simonson
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Regions Hospital HealthPartners and University of Minnesota Medical School, USA
Crit Care Med 32:781-6. 2004....
- Optimized positive end-expiratory pressure--an elusive targetDavid J Dries
Crit Care Med 30:1159-60. 2002