James W Jefferson
Affiliation: Healthcare Technology Systems
- Strategies for switching antidepressants to achieve maximum efficacy adolescentsJames W Jefferson
Healthcare Technology Systems, Inc, Madison Institute of Medicine and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:14-8. 2008..Each switch strategy has advantages and disadvantages, and the choice should be made based on the patient, the patient's illness, the medications involved, and clinical judgment...
- A clinician's guide to monitoring kidney function in lithium-treated patientsJames W Jefferson
Department of Psychiatry, Healthcare Technology Systems, Inc, 7617 Mineral Point Rd, Ste 300, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1153-7. 2010..This overview clarifies those practical aspects of monitoring that are often overlooked or misunderstood...
- Bupropion for major depressive disorder: Pharmacokinetic and formulation considerationsJames W Jefferson
Madison Institute of Medicine and Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 7617 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI 53717, USA
Clin Ther 27:1685-95. 2005..Understanding the pharmacokinetic (PK) properties and formulations of bupropion can help optimize clinical use...
- Bupropion extended-release for depressive disordersJames W Jefferson
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison Institute of Medicine, Inc, 7617 Mineral Point Road, Suite 300, Madison, WI 53717, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 8:715-22. 2008..This review provides a history of the evolution of bupropion in its three formulations, with an emphasis on the efficacy and tolerability of the extended-release preparation...
- Extended-release bupropion for patients with major depressive disorder presenting with symptoms of reduced energy, pleasure, and interest: findings from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJames W Jefferson
Madison Institute of Medicine, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:865-73. 2006....
- Lamotrigine in psychiatry: pharmacology and therapeuticsJames W Jefferson
Madison Institute of Medicine, Inc, Madison, WI 53717, USA
CNS Spectr 10:224-32. 2005..This review critically evaluates the support for lamotrigine use across a broad range of psychiatric disorders as well as discuss its pharmacology, side-effect profile, and interactions with other medications...
- Old versus new medications: how much should be taught?James W Jefferson
Madison Institute of Medicine, Inc, Wisconsin, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:162-6. 2005..To address the issue of how much psychiatric residents should be taught about older medications...
- Prediction of suicidal behavior in clinical research by lifetime suicidal ideation and behavior ascertained by the electronic Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating ScaleJames C Mundt
Center for Psychological Consultation and Healthcare Technology Systems, Madison, Wisconsin
J Clin Psychiatry 74:887-93. 2013..To evaluate whether lifetime suicidal ideation with intention to act and/or suicidal behaviors reported at baseline predict risk of prospectively reporting suicidal behavior during subsequent study participation...
- Fluoxetine in social phobia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot studyKenneth A Kobak
Dean Foundation for Health, Research and Education, Middleton, Wisconsin, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:257-62. 2002..Fluoxetine failed to separate from placebo in this trial. It is unknown whether a larger dose for longer duration would have yielded separation from placebo. A higher than usual placebo response rate was found...
- Feasibility and validation of a computer-automated Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale using interactive voice response technologyJames C Mundt
Healthcare Technology Systems, Inc, 7617 Mineral Point Road, Ste 300, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Psychiatr Res 44:1224-8. 2010....
- Teaching psychopharmacology: what works and what doesn'tSidney Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:96-100. 2008....
- Linezolid, a monoamine oxidase inhibiting antibiotic, and antidepressantsVimal M Aga
J Clin Psychiatry 64:609-11. 2003
- They could have named it "bupopion"James W Jefferson
J Clin Psychiatry 64:849-50. 2003
- Efficacy of the novel anxiolytic pregabalin in social anxiety disorder: a placebo-controlled, multicenter studyAtul C Pande
Pfizer Global Research and Development, New London, CT 06320, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:141-9. 2004..Somnolence and dizziness were the most frequently occurring adverse events among patients receiving pregabalin 600 mg/d. In conclusion, pregabalin 600 mg/d was an effective and well-tolerated treatment of social anxiety disorder...
- Is it easier to find what you are looking for if you think you know what it looks like?James C Mundt
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:121-5. 2007
- Comments on article by Harrigan et al: "A randomized evaluation of the effects of six antipsychotic agents on QTc, in the absence and presence of metabolic inhibition"James W Jefferson
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:456. 2004
- Psychiatric complications of deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's diseaseShelley D Piasecki
University of Wisconsin Psychiatric Institute and Clinics, Madison
J Clin Psychiatry 65:845-9. 2004....
- It looks like "bradyphylaxis" to meJames W Jefferson
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1076; author reply 1076-7. 2005