Mark J Cziraky
Affiliation: Health Outcomes Research
- Management of dyslipidemia in patients with metabolic syndromeMark J Cziraky
HealthCore Inc, 800 Delaware Avenue, Fifth Floor, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 1366 USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:478-88; quiz 489-90. 2004..To review the management of dyslipidemia in patients with metabolic syndrome...
- Clinical outcomes and medication adherence in acute coronary syndrome patients with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus: a longitudinal analysis 2006-2011Mark J Cziraky
HealthCore, 800 Delaware Ave, 5th Fl, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
J Manag Care Spec Pharm 21:470-7. 2015..Managing cardiovascular risk factors has little effect on lowering the mortality risk in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- The impact of serum lipids on risk for microangiopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusPeter P Toth
CGH Medical Center, 101 East Miller Rd, Sterling, IL, 61081, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:109. 2012....
- Risk of hospitalized rhabdomyolysis associated with lipid-lowering drugs in a real-world clinical settingMark J Cziraky
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Clin Lipidol 7:102-8. 2013..The occurrence of low rates of rhabdomyolysis among patients receiving lipid-lowering drugs (LLDs) in randomized clinical trials may be elucidated with population-based studies...
- Association between second-generation antipsychotics and newly diagnosed treated diabetes mellitus: does the effect differ by dose?Marianne Ulcickas Yood
EpiSource, LLC, Newton, MA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:197. 2011..The benefits of some second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) must be weighed against the increased risk for diabetes mellitus. This study examines whether the association between SGAs and diabetes differs by dose...
- Statin safety: an assessment using an administrative claims databaseMark J Cziraky
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:61C-68C. 2006..No hospitalized cases of the index AEs were observed in study subjects during the 6-month period before initiation of the lipid-lowering drug. Statin monotherapy as currently prescribed is generally well tolerated and safe...
- NHBPEP: working to reduce death and disability from high blood pressure. National High Blood Pressure Education ProgramMark J Cziraky
Health Core, Newark, DE, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 42:886-8. 2002
- The impact of residual CVD risk in the managed care settingMark J Cziraky
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Ave, Fifth Fl, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:S74-80. 2009....
- Achievement of optimal combined lipid values in a managed care setting: is a new treatment paradigm needed?Chaitanya A Sarawate
Health Core, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Clin Ther 29:196-209. 2007..Published guidelines suggest the management of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) and triglyceride (TG) values after the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) goal is achieved...
- Attainment of combined optimal lipid values and the impact of lipid medication on cardiovascular outcomes and costs in a commercially insured population in the USRalph A Quimbo
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Med Econ 11:449-70. 2008..To determine factors associated with the achievement of optimal lipid values (OLVs) and subsequent impact on clinical and economic outcomes...
- Risk of cardiovascular events in patients at optimal values for combined lipid parametersEric J Stanek
Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cranbury, NJ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:553-63. 2007..The study objective was to evaluate the risk of CV events in patients attaining versus not attaining combined (LDL-C, HDL-C, and TG) optimal lipid values...
- Adherence to single-pill combination versus multiple-pill combination lipid-modifying therapy among patients with mixed dyslipidemia in a managed care populationSiddhesh A Kamat
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:961-8. 2011..Single-pill combination (SPC) lipid-modifying therapies may improve patient adherence due to decreased pill burden and increased convenience for the patient...
- Clinical and economic outcomes of the Cincinnati Pharmacy Coaching Program for diabetes and hypertensionDebra Wertz
HealthCore, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Manag Care 21:44-54. 2012..The CPCP is a VBID implemented by Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield in Ohio. It provided tailored pharmacist-based educational services and financial incentives to participants...
- Targeting low HDL-cholesterol to decrease residual cardiovascular risk in the managed care settingMark J Cziraky
HealthCore Inc, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:S3-28; quiz S30-1. 2008..However, clinical and epidemiologic data illustrate the need to expand the scope of therapies to reduce the residual cardiovascular risk associated with low HDL-C levels and elevated TG levels, even when LDL-C is managed successfully...
- Risk of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality in patients treated with thiazolidinediones in a managed-care populationDebra A Wertz
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Ave, 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:538-45. 2010..This study directly compares risk of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), acute heart failure (AHF), or all-cause death among pioglitazone- and rosiglitazone-treated patients in a managed-care population...
- HER2 testing and subsequent trastuzumab treatment for breast cancer in a managed care environmentJohn J Barron
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Oncologist 14:760-8. 2009....
- Incidence of death and recurring acute coronary syndrome after stopping clopidogrel therapy in a large commercially-insured population in the USJudith J Stephenson
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1079-87. 2011..This study evaluated the risk of adverse outcomes (AOs), defined as death or recurrent ACS, after clopidogrel discontinuation in a managed-care population...
- Cost Effectiveness of Achieving Targets of Low-Density Lipoprotein Particle Number Versus Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol LevelMichael Grabner
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware Electronic address
Am J Cardiol . 2016..In conclusion, LDL-lowering therapy guided by LDL-P was demonstrated to be cost effective, with greater clinical and economic benefit seen over longer time horizons and with the increased use of generic statins...
- Insomnia-related comorbidities and economic costs among a commercially insured population in the United StatesMichael Pollack
AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE, USA formerly HealthCore, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1901-11. 2009..To describe the association between insomnia and comorbid conditions, and subsequent effects on total health costs and work productivity in a large managed-care setting...
- Opportunity for intervention to achieve American Heart Association guidelines for optimal lipid levels in high-risk women in a managed care settingLori Mosca
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Circulation 111:488-93. 2005..This study evaluated optimal lipid-level attainment and treatment patterns on the basis of these guidelines in high-risk women in a managed care setting...
- Secondary prevention of acute coronary syndromesJanet H Dailey
College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:S28-35; quiz S35-6. 2004..To review the role of antithrombotic therapy for prevention of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) recurrence following hospital discharge...
- Antithrombotic therapy for acute coronary syndromesSarah A Spinler
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, 600 South 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:S14-26; quiz S26-7. 2004..To review the role of antithrombotic therapy for treatment of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) in the hospital setting...
- Effects of gemfibrozil conversion to fenofibrate on lipids in patients on statin therapyJohn C Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, Williamsville, New York 14231, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1388-91. 2002
- Gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment following percutaneous coronary interventionJennifer A Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, 6460 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14231 9060, USA
J Gend Specif Med 6:21-6. 2003..To identify a possible gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment of patients following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- National Pharmacy Cardiovascular Council treatment guidelines for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: toward better patient outcomes and new roles for pharmacistsDavid Hawkins
Southern School of Pharmacy, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:436-44. 2002