John A F Zupancic
Affiliation: Harvard University
- DoMINO: Donor milk for improved neurodevelopmental outcomesSharon Unger
University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children, 327 Fitzgerald Building, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3E2, Canada
BMC Pediatr 14:123. 2014..Exploratory research questions include: Will use of pasteurized donor milk: (1) influence feeding tolerance and nutrient intake (2) have an acceptable cost effectiveness from a comprehensive societal perspective?..
- Health state preferences associated with weight status in children and adolescentsMandy B Belfort
Div of Newborn Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 11:12. 2011....
- The economics of elective cesarean sectionJohn A F Zupancic
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Enders 9, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Perinatol 35:591-9, xii. 2008....
- Economic evaluation of inhaled nitric oxide in preterm infants undergoing mechanical ventilationJohn A F Zupancic
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 124:1325-32. 2009..However, the price for the drug may be a barrier to widespread use. We sought to estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of iNO therapy to prevent BPD in infants of <1250 g birth weight...
- Revalidation of the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology in the Vermont Oxford NetworkJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Rose Building, Room 318, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 119:e156-63. 2007....
- Trends in severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia rates between 1994 and 2002Vincent C Smith
Department of Neonatology, Rose 318, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Pediatr 146:469-73. 2005..To examine temporal trends in the rates of severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) between 1994 and 2002...
- Economic evaluation alongside the Premature Infants in Need of Transfusion randomised controlled trialKaren L Kamholz
Division of Neonatology, Boston Medical Center, 771 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 97:F93-8. 2012..However, a post-hoc analysis expanding the definition of NDI to include borderline intellectual functioning (Mental Development Index (MDI) <85) found an improvement in outcomes in the group maintained at higher haemoglobin levels...
- Retrospective economic evaluation of a controlled trial of indomethacin prophylaxis for patent ductus arteriosus in premature infantsJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Early Hum Dev 82:97-103. 2006..To determine the incremental cost-effectiveness of indomethacin prophylaxis in extremely low birth weight infants enrolled in the Trial of Indomethacin Prophylaxis in Preterms (TIPP)...
- Neonatal intensive care unit census influences discharge of moderately preterm infantsJochen Profit
Harvard Newborn Medicine Program, Children s Hospital Boston and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 119:314-9. 2007..The decision to discharge should occur independent of unit census. We evaluated the impact of unit census on the decision to discharge moderately preterm infants...
- Daily cost prediction model in neonatal intensive careJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02458, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:330-8. 2003..To reduce this data collection burden, we identified the key resource items that predict daily ancillary costs for extremely low birth weight infants...
- CoolSim: using industrial modeling techniques to examine the impact of selective head cooling in a model of perinatal regionalizationJames Gray
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 121:28-36. 2008....
- Prematurity: an overview and public health implicationsMarie C McCormick
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 32:367-79. 2011....
- Rehospitalization in the first year of life among infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasiaVincent C Smith
Department of Neonatalogy, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Pediatr 144:799-803. 2004..To describe rates and identify risk factors for rehospitalization during the first year of life among infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)...
- Are we satisfied with the way we review an article?Muhammad Aslam
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 9:40-2. 2009..This article gives a brief overview of how to evaluate a manuscript and some basic statistical measures that can be used to evaluate a research study...
- Choosing Wisely in Newborn Medicine: Five Opportunities to Increase ValueTimmy Ho
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, Massachusetts Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Pediatrics 136:e482-9. 2015..The "Choosing Wisely" campaign charges medical societies with identifying such items. This report describes the identification of 5 tests and treatments in newborn medicine...
- Neonatal intensive care unit discharge preparedness: primary care implicationsVincent C Smith
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, BIDMC Rose 318, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 51:454-61. 2012..To investigate specific post-neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) discharge outcomes and issues for families...
- Prenatal consultation practices at the border of viability: a regional surveyTara K Bastek
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Newborn Medicine Program, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 116:407-13. 2005..We undertook a survey of all practicing neonatologists in New England to determine their attitudes and practices regarding prenatal consultations for infants at the border of viability...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of predischarge monitoring for apnea of prematurityJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pediatrics 111:146-52. 2003..Our objective was to establish the economic impact of varying durations of predischarge observation for apnea of prematurity...
- Cost-effectiveness of early treatment for retinopathy of prematurityKaren L Kamholz
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatrics 123:262-9. 2009..However, early treatment increased the frequency of laser therapy, anesthesia with intubation, treatment-related systemic complications, and the need for repeat treatments...
- Economic evaluation of caffeine for apnea of prematurityDmitry Dukhovny
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 127:e146-55. 2011..To determine the cost-effectiveness of treatment with caffeine compared with placebo for apnea of prematurity in infants with birth weights less than 1250 g, from birth through 18 to 21 months' corrected age...
- Should we believe in transfusion-associated enterocolitis? Applying a GRADE to the literatureSusanne Hay
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston MA Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Division of Newborn Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
Semin Perinatol . 2016..RCT data tended toward apparent protection against NEC. The available evidence is not sufficient to support a practice recommendation around pRBC transfusions in the context of preventing the development of NEC...
- Evidence, Quality, and Waste: Solving the Value Equation in NeonatologyDmitry Dukhovny
Department of Pediatrics and Doernbecher Neonatal Care Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Pediatrics 137:e20150312. 2016..We will discuss how 3 drivers of clinical practice in neonatal care (evidence-based medicine, evidence-based economics, and quality improvement) can together optimize clinical and fiscal outcomes. ..
- Prospective economic evaluation of a peer support intervention for prevention of postpartum depression among high-risk women in Ontario, CanadaDmitry Dukhovny
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Perinatol 30:631-42. 2013..Our objective was to determine the cost-effectiveness of this intervention...
- Characterization of neonatal personnel time inputs and prediction from clinical variables--a time and motion studyJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02458, USA
J Perinatol 22:658-63. 2002..To characterize and predict personnel time inputs to neonatal intensive care using infant characteristics from chart review...
- Resuscitation and ventilation strategies for extremely preterm infants: a comparison study between two neonatal centers in Boston and StockholmMireille Vanpee
Neonatal Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 96:10-6; discussion 8-9. 2007..To evaluate if different resuscitation and ventilatory styles exist between two neonatal units, and if the less aggressive approach has a beneficiary effect on BPD outcome...
- Implementing pay-for-performance in the neonatal intensive care unitJochen Profit
Section of Neonatology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 119:975-82. 2007..In this article, we describe approaches to measuring quality and implementing pay-for-performance in the NICU setting...
- Internet use and perceptions of information reliability by parents in a neonatal intensive care unitAmrit S Dhillon
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia and Children s and Women s Health Centre of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Perinatol 23:420-4. 2003..To assess Internet use and perceptions of formation reliability by parents in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- Cost-effectiveness and choice of infant transport systemsShoo K Lee
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Med Care 40:705-16. 2002....