E M Valera
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Brain injury in battered womenEve M Valera
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:797-804. 2003....
- Brain injury in women experiencing intimate partner-violence: neural mechanistic evidence of an "invisible" traumaEve Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 Thirteenth Street, Room 2660, Charlestown, MA, 02129, USA
Brain Imaging Behav . 2016..These data underscore the need to address and consider the role TBI may be playing in the efficacy of IPV interventions ranging from emergency first responder interactions to specific treatment plans...
- Sex differences in the functional neuroanatomy of working memory in adults with ADHDEve M Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:86-94. 2010..The authors examined sex differences in the neural functioning of adults with ADHD during performance of a verbal working memory task...
- Meta-analysis of structural imaging findings in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEve M Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:1361-9. 2007..Our goal was to statistically analyze structural imaging data via a meta-analysis to help resolve these issues...
- A twin study of alexithymiaE M Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychother Psychosom 70:239-46. 2001..In this study, a twin approach was used to examine the degree of genetic and environmental contributions to the different facets of alexithymia, and the nature of their relations to trait negative and positive affectivity...
- Functional neuroanatomy of working memory in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEve M Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:439-47. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine neural functioning in ADHD adults during performance on a verbal working memory task...
- Structural brain imaging of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLarry J Seidman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit and Psychiatric Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1263-72. 2005..These results suggest that the brain is altered in a more widespread manner than has been previously hypothesized. Developmental studies are needed to address the evolution of this brain disorder into adulthood...
- Neural substrates of impaired sensorimotor timing in adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEve M Valera
Clinical and Research Programs in Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 68:359-67. 2010..Also, the neural substrates of these deficits are largely unknown for both youth and adults with ADHD. The present study examined subsecond sensorimotor timing and its neural substrates in ADHD adults...
- Anterior cingulate volumetric alterations in treatment-naïve adults with ADHD: a pilot studyNikos Makris
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Atten Disord 13:407-13. 2010..Thus its anatomical alteration may give rise to impulsivity, hyperactivity and inattention, which are cardinal behavioral manifestations of ADHD...
- Effect of dopamine transporter gene (SLC6A3) variation on dorsal anterior cingulate function in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAriel B Brown
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:365-75. 2010..Alterations in activation of attention and EF networks found previously to be involved in ADHD are likely influenced by SLC6A3 genotype. This genotype may contribute to heterogeneity of brain alterations found within ADHD samples...
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging of methylphenidate and placebo in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder during the multi-source interference taskGeorge Bush
Departments of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:102-14. 2008..Stimulant medications are effective treatments for ADHD, but their neural effects have not been fully characterized...
- Attention and executive systems abnormalities in adults with childhood ADHD: A DT-MRI study of connectionsNikos Makris
Harvard Medical School Departments of Neurology and Radiology Services, Center for Morphometric Analysis, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:1210-20. 2008..The demonstration of FA abnormalities in the CB and SLF II in adults with childhood ADHD provides further support for persistent structural abnormalities into adulthood...
- Brain function and structure in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLarry J Seidman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 27:323-47. 2004..Because the literature on ADHD in children is more extensive than that reported heretofore in ADHD in adults,the authors include brief summaries of the child literature to help inform that found in adults...
- Human cerebral cortex: a system for the integration of volume- and surface-based representationsNikos Makris
Center for Morphometric Analysis, MGH East, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuroimage 33:139-53. 2006..This system of topographical analysis of the cerebral cortex is consistent with current views of cortical development and neural systems organization of the human and non-human primate brain...
- Dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortex volumetric abnormalities in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder identified by magnetic resonance imagingLarry J Seidman
Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Morphometric Analysis, Massachusetts General Hospital, Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:1071-80. 2006..This structural MRI study used an a priori region of interest approach...
- Neuropsychological functioning in girls with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder with and without learning disabilitiesLarry J Seidman
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuropsychology 20:166-77. 2006..These results extend to females the previously documented association of LDs with neuropsychological functioning in males with ADHD...
- Functional neuroimaging of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a review and suggested future directionsGeorge Bush
Psychiatric Neuroscience Program and Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Massachusettes General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1273-84. 2005..Although at present there are no accepted uses for functional imaging in diagnosing ADHD, this article mentions possible future clinical uses of imaging in ADHD...
- Cortical thinning of the attention and executive function networks in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderNikos Makris
Departments of Neurology and Radiology Services, Center for Morphometric Analysis, Health Sciences and Technology Athinoula A Martinos Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:1364-75. 2007..This is the first documentation that ADHD in adults is associated with thinner cortex in the cortical networks that modulate attention and EF...
- An fMRI study of intra-individual functional topography in the human cerebellumCatherine J Stoodley
Cognitive Behavioral Neurology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 175 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Behav Neurol 23:65-79. 2010..Inter-subject variability of motor and non-motor topography remains to be determined...
- Psychological trauma and schizotypal symptomsHoward Berenbaum
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 603 East Daniel Street, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
Schizophr Bull 29:143-52. 2003....