Affiliation: Harvard University
- Benefits and risks of antipsychotic polypharmacy: an evidence-based review of the literatureConstantin Tranulis
Fernand Seguin Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Drug Saf 31:7-20. 2008..Particular weaknesses of the present literature are low number of participants, lack of adequate control of confounding variables, short duration of experimental follow-up and inadequate monitoring of potential adverse effects...
- Insight and psychosis: comparing the perspectives of patient, entourage and clinicianConstantin Tranulis
University of Montreal, Department of Psychiatry, Montreal, Canada
Int J Soc Psychiatry 54:225-41. 2008..Current definitions and measures of insight do not give systematic attention to the impact of interpersonal, cultural and socio-economic contexts...
- Becoming adherent to antipsychotics: a qualitative study of treatment-experienced schizophrenia patientsConstantin Tranulis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Montreal, C P 6128 Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 62:888-92. 2011..The aim of this study was to complement a largely quantitative body of research by focusing on patients' perspectives on the topic...
- Somatic augmentation strategies in clozapine resistance--what facts?Constantin Tranulis
Psychiatry Department, University of Montréal Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:34-44. 2006..Several somatic augmentation strategies are proposed in the scientific literature, with different levels of evidence for safety and efficacy...
- The paradox of quetiapine in obsessive-compulsive disorderConstantin Tranulis
Department of Psychiatry, Louis H Lafontaine Hospital, Montreal, Canada
CNS Spectr 10:356-61. 2005..The discussion emphasizes the prognostic implications of OCS in schizophrenia and available therapies for this comorbidity...
- Changing the name of schizophrenia: patient perspectives and implications for DSM-VConstantin Tranulis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e55998. 2013..Preeminent researchers proposed its replacement with the salience syndrome concept, arguing for increased validity and less stigmatizing potential. This is the first study exploring the effects on stigma of this nosological proposal...
- Explicit and Implicit Attitudes of Canadian Psychiatrists Toward People With Mental IllnessLayla Dabby
Psychiatrist, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 60:451-9. 2015....
- Should we treat auditory hallucinations with repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation? A metaanalysisConstantin Tranulis
Hôpital Louis H, Lafontaine, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 53:577-86. 2008..Our aim is to apply a metaanalytic approach to exploring the efficacy of rTMS in treating medication-resistant AH...
- Insight in first episode psychosis: who is measuring what?Constantin Tranulis
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Early Interv Psychiatry 2:34-41. 2008..To compare different self-administered or clinician-rated insight scales in an FEP population...
- [Diabetes and schizophrenia, which links?]Emmanuel Stip
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Montreal, Quebec
Presse Med 32:1566-71. 2003..Diabetes is diagnosed if fasting blood sugar is>7.0 mmol/L and a glucose tolerance test>11,1 mmol/L...
- Augmentation strategies of clozapine with antipsychotics in the treatment of ultraresistant schizophreniaFaycal Mouaffak
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Université René Descartes and INSERM E0117, Sainte Anne Hospital, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:28-33. 2006..Among these strategies, the combined use of clozapine with another antipsychotic has been reported for up to 35% of patients receiving clozapine...
- [Antipsychotic drugs. Risk factors for diabetes]Emmanuel Stip
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Montreal, QC
Presse Med 32:1612-7. 2003..The only tendency that has been reproduced in several studies concerns the increased risk associated with dibenzodiazepine antipsychotics (clozapine and olanzapine), compared with the other antipsychotics...