Marcia A Testa
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Predictors of knowledge of H1N1 infection and transmission in the U.S. populationElena Savoia
Department of Biostatistics and Division of Policy Translation and Leadership Development, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Public Health 12:328. 2012..S. households...
- Comparative effectiveness of basal-bolus versus premix analog insulin on glycemic variability and patient-centered outcomes during insulin intensification in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a randomized, controlled, crossover trialMarcia A Testa
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 655 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:3504-14. 2012..In patients with diabetes, intraday glucose variability might predict health outcomes independently from glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c)...
- Satisfaction and quality of life with premeal inhaled versus injected insulin in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetesMarcia A Testa
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1399-405. 2007..We sought to compare and evaluate the impact of inhaled versus injected insulin on potential mediators of patient acceptance of insulin therapy while maintaining comparable A1C levels...
- HIV+ caregivers and HIV+ non-caregivers: differences in sociodemographics, immune functioning, and quality-of-lifeLinda G Marc
Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Somerville, MA, USA
AIDS Care 23:880-91. 2011..e., symptom distress, physical, and mental quality-of-life)...
- Educational attainment and response to HAART during initial therapy for HIV-1 infectionLinda G Marc
Cornell HIV Clinical Trials Unit, New York, NY, USA
J Psychosom Res 63:207-16. 2007....
- Prevalence of noise-induced hearing-threshold shifts and hearing loss among US youthsElisabeth Henderson
Peabody Society, Harvard Medical School, 25 Shattuck St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 127:e39-46. 2011..We investigated trends in noise-induced threshold shifts (NITSs), high-frequency hearing loss (HFHL), and low-frequency hearing loss (LFHL)...
- Assessing public health capabilities during emergency preparedness tabletop exercises: reliability and validity of a measurement toolElena Savoia
Center for Public Health Preparedness, Division of Public Health Practice, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Public Health Rep 124:138-48. 2009..The purpose of this study was to develop a valid and reliable self-assessment performance measurement tool for tabletop exercise participants...
- Site nurse-initiated adherence and symptom support telephone calls for HIV-positive individuals starting antiretroviral therapy, ACTG 5031: substudy of ACTG 384Gregory K Robbins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
HIV Clin Trials 14:235-53. 2013..Effective and easy to implement interventions to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy are needed...
- Development of a survey instrument to measure connectivity to evaluate national public health preparedness and response performanceBarry C Dorn
Program on Health Care Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Harvard School of Public Health, 401 Park Dr, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Public Health Rep 122:329-38. 2007..To focus evaluation on the latter, we evaluated the linkages among individuals, organizations, and systems using the construct of "connectivity" and developed a measurement instrument...
- Phase II evaluation of low-dose oral etoposide for the treatment of relapsed or progressive AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma: an AIDS Clinical Trials Group clinical studyScott R Evans
Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3236-41. 2002..To identify new interventions for relapsed or progressive KS, a phase II study of low-dose etoposide to assess its toxicity and efficacy was conducted...
- Quality-of-life and health benefits of early treatment of mild anemia: a randomized trial of epoetin alfa in patients receiving chemotherapy for hematologic malignanciesDavid J Straus
Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 107:1909-17. 2006..Chemotherapy-related anemia is prevalent among patients with hematologic malignancies. A randomized, open-label, multicenter trial of early versus late epoetin alfa in this population was conducted, focusing on quality of life (QOL)...
- Four measures of antiretroviral medication adherence and virologic response in AIDS clinical trials group study 359Courtney V Fletcher
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:301-6. 2005..Self-reported adherence and saquinavir AUC were significant predictors of virologic response, in this evaluation. These findings provide insight into methods of assessing and improving adherence to antiretroviral regimens...
- Factors influencing medication adherence beliefs and self-efficacy in persons naive to antiretroviral therapy: a multicenter, cross-sectional studyNancy R Reynolds
Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
AIDS Behav 8:141-50. 2004....
- Telephone support to improve antiretroviral medication adherence: a multisite, randomized controlled trialNancy R Reynolds
AIDS Clinical Trials Unit, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:62-8. 2008..To determine whether proactive telephone support improves adherence to antiretroviral therapy (ART) and clinical outcomes when compared to standard care...