Affiliation: Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School
Location: Boston, MA, USA
- Myofilament mechanical performance is enhanced by R403Q myosin in mouse myocardium independent of sexBradley M Palmer
Dept of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1939-47. 2008..The sex-dependent development of HCM due to the R403Q myosin may then be inhibited by female sex hormones, which may additionally underlie the observed sex differences for pCa(50) and unloaded shortening velocity...
- Streptococcus suis infection: overview of case reports in ThailandPolakit Teekakirikul
Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 34:178-83. 2003..suis peritonitis. Laboratory results and treatment have been also reviewed and may highlight the importance of microbiological laboratories that have limited facilities for identification of the organism...
- Cardiac fibrosis in mice with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is mediated by non-myocyte proliferation and requires Tgf-βPolakit Teekakirikul
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3520-9. 2010..Preemptive pharmacologic inhibition of Tgf-β signals warrants study in human patients with sarcomere gene mutations...
- Heterogeneous myocyte enhancer factor-2 (Mef2) activation in myocytes predicts focal scarring in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyTetsuo Konno
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18097-102. 2010....
- Targeted sequencing using Affymetrix CustomSeq ArraysPolakit Teekakirikul
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Protoc Hum Genet . 2011..This unit is particularly appropriate for sequencing targeted regions of the genome of up to 300 kilobases. The basic technology is most suitable for detecting substitution mutations, unless targeted indel probes are added...