Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- TRAM-1, A novel 160-kDa thyroid hormone receptor activator molecule, exhibits distinct properties from steroid receptor coactivator-1A Takeshita
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 272:27629-34. 1997..These results suggest that TRAM-1 is a coactivator that may exhibit its activity by interacting with subdomains of NRs other than the AF-2 region, in contrast to SRC-1/TIF2...
- Thyroid hormone response elements differentially modulate the interactions of thyroid hormone receptors with two receptor binding domains in the steroid receptor coactivator-1A Takeshita
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:21554-62. 1998....
- Lack of coactivator interaction can be a mechanism for dominant negative activity by mutant thyroid hormone receptorsY Liu
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 139:4197-204. 1998....
- Molecular cloning and properties of a full-length putative thyroid hormone receptor coactivatorA Takeshita
Department of Medicine, Brigham a Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Endocrinology 137:3594-7. 1996..Although F-SRC-1 recognizes the ligand-induced conformational changes of nuclear hormone receptors, our observations suggest that F-SRC-1 may bind directly with subregion(s) in nuclear hormone receptors other than the AF-2 region...
- ROR alpha augments thyroid hormone receptor-mediated transcriptional activationN Koibuchi
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 140:1356-64. 1999....
- Nuclear receptor coactivators facilitate vitamin D receptor homodimer action on direct repeat hormone response elementsA Takeshita
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Endocrinology 141:1281-4. 2000..Our studies suggest the important role of VDR homodimers, in addition to VDR/RXR heterodimers, in vitamin D-induced transactivation. Thus, specific coactivator-VDR interactions on HREs may determine target gene transactivation...
- 15-Deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 and thiazolidinediones activate the MEK/ERK pathway through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in vascular smooth muscle cellsK Takeda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, 812-8582 Fukuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:48950-5. 2001..These findings indicate a novel regulatory mechanism of gene expression by 15-d-PGJ2 and thiazolidinediones...
- Decreased amount of mpl and reduced expression of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa and glycoprotein Ib on platelets from patients with refractory anemia: analysis by a non-isotopic quantitative ligand binding assay and immunofluorescenceM Izumi
Clinical Laboratories, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Haematol 66:245-52. 2001..0001) or gpIb (p=0.774, p<0.0001), and between those of gpIIb/IIIa and gpIb (p=0.728, p<0.0001). We demonstrated a decreased amount of mpl as well as a reduced expression of gpIIb/IIIa and gpIb on platelets from RA patients...
- Activating mutation of D835 within the activation loop of FLT3 in human hematologic malignanciesY Yamamoto
Department of Infectious Diseases and the First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Blood 97:2434-9. 2001..These results demonstrate that the FLT3 gene is the target most frequently mutated to become constitutively active in AML...
- Identification, characterization, and functional analysis of heart-specific myosin light chain phosphatase small subunitT Arimura
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Division of Adult Diseases, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:6073-82. 2001..These observations suggest that the heart-specific small subunit hHS-M(21) plays a regulatory role in cardiac muscle contraction by its binding to the large subunit...
- Identification of a melanoma antigen, PRAME, as a BCR/ABL-inducible geneK Watari
Department of Hematology Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 466:367-71. 2000..Thus PRAME was considered to be a good candidate for a marker of Ph+-leukemic blast cells as well as a new target antigen of leukemic blast cells that cytotoxic T cells can recognize...
- The Drosophila Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) homolog is required for adult survival and male genital formationK Baba
Developmental Genetics Group, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 19:4405-13. 1999..The stage specificity of the rescuing ability suggests that the Btk gene is required for the development of male genitalia and substrates required for adult survival...
- Regulation of the transcriptional activity of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha by phosphorylation of a ligand-independent trans-activating domainC E Juge-Aubry
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Hospital Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:10505-10. 1999..These observations suggest that the AF-1 region of PPARalpha is partially silenced by corepressor proteins, which might interact in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Inhibition of neointimal hyperplasia after balloon injury by cis-element 'decoy' of early growth response gene-1 in hypercholesterolemic rabbitsK Ohtani
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Gene Ther 11:126-32. 2004..The Egr-1 pathway has an essential role in the pathogenesis of neointimal hyperplasia after balloon injury in hypercholesterolemic rabbits. This decoy strategy is a potential practical form of therapy for human restenosis...