Mary C Smith Fawzi
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Mental Health and Antiretroviral Adherence Among Youth Living With HIV in RwandaMary C Smith Fawzi
Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Pediatrics 138:. 2016..The goals of the study are to (1) describe ART adherence and mental health problems among youth living with HIV aged 10 to 17; and (2) examine the association between these factors among this population in rural Rwanda...
- Underdiagnosis of malnutrition in infants and young children in Rwanda: implications for attainment of the Millennium Development Goal to end poverty and hungerAgnes Binagwaho
Government of Rwanda, Ministry of Health, P, O, Box 3622, Kigali, Rwanda
Int J Equity Health 10:61. 2011....
- Psychosocial functioning among HIV-affected youth and their caregivers in Haiti: implications for family-focused service provision in high HIV burden settingsMary C Smith Fawzi
Harvard Medical School, Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:147-58. 2010....
- Economic risk factors for HIV infection among women in rural Haiti: implications for HIV prevention policies and programs in resource-poor settingsM C Smith Fawzi
Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:885-92. 2010..The goals of this study were to (1) estimate the prevalence of HIV infection among women accessing services at a women's health center in rural Haiti and (2) to identify economic risk factors for HIV infection in this population...
- Psychosocial support intervention for HIV-affected families in Haiti: implications for programs and policies for orphans and vulnerable childrenMary C Smith Fawzi
Partners In Health, Boston, MA, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:1494-503. 2012....
- Risk and protective factors for internalizing and externalizing outcomes among HIV-affected youth in HaitiMichelle Li
a Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Care 27:995-9. 2015....
- Ethics in Community-Based Research with Vulnerable Children: Perspectives from RwandaTheresa Betancourt
Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Department of Global Health and Population, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0157042. 2016..Development of a "risk of harm" protocol and collaboration between study staff, community leadership, health authorities, and health workers are critical to ensuring participants' safety in research among vulnerable populations. ..
- The right to water in rural Punjab: assessing equitable access to water in the context of the ongoing Punjab Rural Water Supply ProejctShamsher Samra
Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Hum Rights 13:E36-49. 2011..While our findings suggest that the PRWSS improved water quality, they also indicate that access to water was limited due to affordability and the low socioeconomic status of some people living in the target communities...