Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Homozygous ablation of fibroblast growth factor-23 results in hyperphosphatemia and impaired skeletogenesis, and reverses hypophosphatemia in Phex-deficient miceDespina Sitara
Department of Oral and Developmental Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Matrix Biol 23:421-32. 2004....
- Genetic ablation of vitamin D activation pathway reverses biochemical and skeletal anomalies in Fgf-23-null animalsDespina Sitara
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, REB 303, 188 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA, and The Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Pathol 169:2161-70. 2006....
- Genetic evidence of serum phosphate-independent functions of FGF-23 on boneDespina Sitara
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000154. 2008....
- Correlation among hyperphosphatemia, type II sodium phosphate transporter activity, and vitamin D metabolism in Fgf-23 null miceDespina Sitara
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1116:485-93. 2007....
- PTH ablation ameliorates the anomalies of Fgf23-deficient mice by suppressing the elevated vitamin D and calcium levelsQuan Yuan
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Research and Education Building, Room 303, 188 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 152:4053-61. 2011..These results indicate that PTH is able to modulate the anomalies of Fgf23-/- mice by controlling serum 1,25(OH)2D and calcium levels...
- Premature aging-like phenotype in fibroblast growth factor 23 null mice is a vitamin D-mediated processMohammed S Razzaque
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
FASEB J 20:720-2. 2006..Finally, our data support a new model of interactions among Fgf-23, vitamin D, and klotho, a gene described as being associated with premature aging process...
- Zfp521 is a target gene and key effector of parathyroid hormone-related peptide signaling in growth plate chondrocytesDiego Correa
Department of Oral Medicine, Infection and Immunity, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 19:533-46. 2010..Thus, Zfp521 is an important PTHrP target gene that regulates growth plate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation...
- The p38 MAPK pathway is essential for skeletogenesis and bone homeostasis in miceMatthew B Greenblatt
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2457-73. 2010..These results also suggest that selective p38beta agonists may represent attractive therapeutic agents to prevent bone loss associated with osteoporosis and aging...
- The collection of NFATc1-dependent transcripts in the osteoclast includes numerous genes non-essential to physiologic bone resorptionJulia F Charles
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bone 51:902-12. 2012..These data highlight the need for rigorous validation studies to complement expression profiling results before functional importance can be assigned to highly regulated genes in any biologic process...
- Transcriptional regulation of bone and joint remodeling by NFATDespina Sitara
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunol Rev 233:286-300. 2010..The goal of this article is to highlight the importance of tissue remodeling in musculoskeletal disease and situate NFAT-driven cellular responses within this context to inspire future research endeavors...
- Biological activity of FGF-23 fragmentsTheresa J Berndt
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Pflugers Arch 454:615-23. 2007..We conclude that carboxyl terminal fragments of FGF-23 are phosphaturic and that a short, 26-amino acid fragment of FGF-23 retains significant phosphaturic activity...