Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Identification and characterization of a novel hepatic canalicular ATP diphosphohydrolaseJ Sevigny
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 275:5640-7. 2000..The different biochemical properties and localization of the hepatic ATPDase suggest pathophysiological functions that are distinct from the vascular ATPDase/cd39...
- Carbon monoxide generated by heme oxygenase-1 suppresses the rejection of mouse-to-rat cardiac transplantsK Sato
Immunobiology Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 166:4185-94. 2001..Additional mechanisms by which CO overcomes graft rejection may involve its ability to suppress endothelial cell apoptosis...
- Modulation of nucleoside [correction of nucleotide] triphosphate diphosphohydrolase-1 (NTPDase-1)cd39 in xenograft rejectionM Imai
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Med 5:743-52. 1999..Studies were therefore conducted to evaluate the role of vascular NTPDase-1/cd39 in modulating platelet activation and vascular injury in cardiac xenografts...
- Palmitoylation targets CD39/endothelial ATP diphosphohydrolase to caveolaeK Koziak
Department of Medicine, Center for Immunobiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2057-62. 2000..We suggest that palmitoylation could modulate the function of CD39 in regulating cellular signal transduction pathways...
- Disordered cellular migration and angiogenesis in cd39-null miceC Goepfert
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:3109-15. 2001..Linked to these findings, chemotaxis of cd39-null monocyte/macrophages to nucleotides was impaired in vitro. This abnormality was associated with desensitization of nucleotide receptor P2Y-mediated signaling pathways...
- Identification and characterization of CD39/vascular ATP diphosphohydrolaseE Kaczmarek
Sandoz Center for Immunobiology, New England Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 271:33116-22. 1996..Because ATPDase activity is lost with endothelial cell activation, overexpression of the functional enzyme, or a truncated mutant thereof, may prevent platelet activation associated with vascular inflammation...
- P2Y(6) nucleotide receptor mediates monocyte interleukin-8 production in response to UDP or lipopolysaccharideM Warny
Gastroenterology Divison, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26051-6. 2001..Furthermore, lipopolysaccharide mediates IL-8 production at least in part by autocrine P2Y(6) activation. These findings indicate a novel role for P2Y(6) in innate immune defenses...
- Targeting platelet aggregation: CD39 gene transfer augments nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase activity in injured rabbit arteriesS P Gangadharan
Division of Vascular Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Institute for Human Genetics, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Surgery 130:296-303. 2001..Further studies are required to determine whether targeted delivery of CD39 could convey thromboprotective properties to an injured vessel...
- Distribution of ecto-nucleotidases in mouse sensory circuits suggests roles for nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase-3 in nociception and mechanoreceptionH O Vongtau
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neuroscience 193:387-98. 2011..We propose that NTPDase3 is a key regulator of nociceptive signaling that also makes an unexpected contribution to innocuous tactile sensation...
- Impact of therapeutic plasma exchange on cyclosporine kinetics during membrane-based lipid apheresisR A Balogun
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:1286-9. 2001..Despite substantial removal of lipoproteins, there is minimal impact of TPE on serum levels of cyclosporine, and dosage adjustment is not needed for patients undergoing this procedure...