Affiliation: Harvard University
- Dynamin and endocytosisSanja Sever
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 14:463-7. 2002..Novel data point more clearly than ever towards a role for this protein in the actin cytoskeleton, mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and apoptosis, suggesting that dynamin might be a signaling GTPase...
- Physical and functional connection between auxilin and dynamin during endocytosisSanja Sever
Renal Unit, Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 25:4163-74. 2006..Together, our findings support the model that the GTP-bound conformation of dynamin tetramers stimulates formation of constricted coated pits at the plasma membrane by regulating the chaperone activity of hsc70/auxilin...
- Proteolytic processing of dynamin by cytoplasmic cathepsin L is a mechanism for proteinuric kidney diseaseSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division and Program in Glomerular Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital MGH and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2095-104. 2007..Our study identifies dynamin as a critical regulator of renal permselectivity that is specifically targeted by proteolysis under pathological conditions...
- Assays and functional properties of auxilin-dynamin interactionsSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 404:570-85. 2005..Here we describe three different in vitro assays that monitor auxilin-dynamin interactions, as well as fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy that identify direct interactions between dynamin and auxilin in cells...
- Dynasore puts a new spin on dynamin: a surprising dual role during vesicle formationSharif R Nankoe
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Trends Cell Biol 16:607-9. 2006....
- Nucleoside diphosphate kinase Nm23-H1 regulates chromosomal stability by activating the GTPase dynamin during cytokinesisAndrew R Conery
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15461-6. 2010..We thus provide evidence that the loss of Nm23-H1, an event suspected to promote metastasis, may additionally function at an earlier stage of tumor development to drive the acquisition of chromosomal instability...
- Auxilin-dynamin interactions link the uncoating ATPase chaperone machinery with vesicle formationSherri L Newmyer
G W Hooper Foundation, The University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Cell 4:929-40. 2003..The data suggest that dynamin regulates the action of molecular chaperones in vesicle budding during endocytosis...
- AP-2 makes room for rivalsSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Program in Membrane Biology, Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Dev Cell 5:530-2. 2003..These novel data suggest the intriguing possibility that the major role of AP-2 is in cargo recruitment, and not in assembly of functionally active clathrin-coated pits...