Mikkael A Sekeres
Affiliation: Harvard University
- White blood cell count nadir following remission induction chemotherapy is predictive of outcome in older adults with acute myeloid leukemiaHyo Sook Han
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Sylvester Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1561-8. 2007..12 x 10(9)/l HR 1.5, 95%CI 0.96 - 2.37, p = 0.08), as predictors of worse outcomes. Time to WBC nadir predicts survival. The absolute WBC nadir value follows a J-curve, with lower value indicating a worse outcome...
- The challenge of acute myeloid leukemia in older patientsMikkael A Sekeres
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 14:24-30. 2002..Future directions include therapies targeted at immunomodulation, at angiogenesis, and in particular against intracellular signals that promote proliferation at the expense of differentiation...
- Older adults with acute myeloid leukemiaMikkael A Sekeres
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 4:403-9. 2002..Herein we characterize the intrinsic biologic features of AML as it occurs in the older population, review currently available therapeutic approaches, and discuss therapeutic strategies in development...
- Connect MDS/AML: design of the myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia disease registry, a prospective observational cohort studyDavid P Steensma
Adult Leukemia Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Cancer 16:652. 2016....
- Disparity in perceptions of disease characteristics, treatment effectiveness, and factors influencing treatment adherence between physicians and patients with myelodysplastic syndromesDavid P Steensma
Division of Hematological Malignancies, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer 120:1670-6. 2014..Previous studies have suggested that many patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) have an incomplete understanding of their disease, which may influence adherence to prescribed regimens and outcomes...
- Daptomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaJennifer K Long
Department of Pharmacy, Clinical Microbiology Section, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1215-6. 2005..No enterococcal cross-resistance has been reported among daptomycin, linezolid, or quinupristin-dalfopristin, and these agents may be viable alternatives...
- Non-transplant therapy for older adults with acute myeloid leukemiaMikkael A Sekeres
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:51-6. 2006..Clinical trials should be considered at every stage of treatment in this group of patients...
- Differences in prognostic factors and outcomes in African Americans and whites with acute myeloid leukemiaMikkael A Sekeres
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Desk R35, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Blood 103:4036-42. 2004..African Americans and whites with AML differ with respect to important prognostic factors. African American men have worse CR rates and overall survival than whites and African American women, and should be considered a poor-risk group...
- Impact of remission induction chemotherapy on survival in older adults with acute myeloid leukemiaRachid Baz
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 110:1752-9. 2007..Earlier clinical trials have yielded conflicting results and possibly a minor survival benefit, often offset by a longer hospitalization time...
- Thalidomide use and digital gangreneTyler Y Kang
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5328. 2006
- Impact of socioeconomic status and distance from treatment center on survival in patients receiving remission induction therapy for newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemiaCristina P Rodriguez
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Leuk Res 32:413-20. 2008..While socioeconomic status (SES) and the distance patients travel to a treatment center (DTC) impact survival of certain solid tumors, little is known of their influence in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- New data with arsenic trioxide in leukemias and myelodysplastic syndromesMikkael A Sekeres
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 8:S7-S12. 2007....