David E Saslowsky
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Ganglioside GM1-mediated transcytosis of cholera toxin bypasses the retrograde pathway and depends on the structure of the ceramide domainDavid E Saslowsky
Division of Gastroenterology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 288:25804-9. 2013....
- Conversion of apical plasma membrane sphingomyelin to ceramide attenuates the intoxication of host cells by cholera toxinDavid E Saslowsky
Children s Hospital, Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Microbiol 10:67-80. 2008..This result suggests that the cause for toxin resistance occurs at steps required for retro-translocation of the CT A1-chain to the cytosol...
- Ceramide activates JNK to inhibit a cAMP-gated K+ conductance and Cl- secretion in intestinal epitheliaDavid E Saslowsky
GI Cell Biology, Children s Hospital, and the Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FASEB J 23:259-70. 2009..These results define a novel lipid-mediated pathway for regulation of salt and water homeostasis at mucosal surfaces...
- Lipid sorting by ceramide structure from plasma membrane to ER for the cholera toxin receptor ganglioside GM1Daniel J F Chinnapen
Division of Gastroenterology, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 23:573-86. 2012..The results implicate a protein-dependent mechanism of lipid sorting by ceramide structure and provide a molecular explanation for the diversity and specificity of retrograde trafficking by CT in host cells...
- Intoxication of zebrafish and mammalian cells by cholera toxin depends on the flotillin/reggie proteins but not Derlin-1 or -2David E Saslowsky
Division of Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 120:4399-4409. 2010..These results revise current models for CT intoxication and implicate protein scaffolding of lipid rafts in the endo-somal sorting of the toxin-GM1 complex...
- Attenuated endocytosis and toxicity of a mutant cholera toxin with decreased ability to cluster ganglioside GM1 moleculesAnne A Wolf
GI Cell Biology, Enders 720, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Infect Immun 76:1476-84. 2008....
- Microbial sphingomyelinase induces RhoA-mediated reorganization of the apical brush border membrane and is protective against invasionDavid E Saslowsky
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115 Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115 Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Mol Biol Cell 27:1120-30. 2016....
- Placental alkaline phosphatase is efficiently targeted to rafts in supported lipid bilayersDavid E Saslowsky
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1PD, UK
J Biol Chem 277:26966-70. 2002..We suggest that atomic force microscopy provides a powerful tool for the study of raft structure and properties...
- Real-time analysis of the effects of cholesterol on lipid raft behavior using atomic force microscopyJared C Lawrence
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Biophys J 84:1827-32. 2003..Cholesterol colocalization with sphingomyelin-rich domains was confirmed using the sterol binding agent filipin...