Monique M Ryan
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Homocystinuria presenting as psychosis in an adolescentMonique M Ryan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Child Neurol 17:859-60. 2002..Pyridoxine-responsive homocystinuria is commonly missed on neonatal screens and should be recognized as a potentially treatable cause of acute psychosis in childhood and adolescence...
- Acute ataxia in childhoodMonique M Ryan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Child Neurol 18:309-16. 2003..In this review, the various causes and syndromes of acute ataxia in childhood are described, with discussion of diagnostic considerations and an approach to investigation, treatment, and prognosis...
- Paediatric mononeuritis multiplex: a report of three cases and review of the literatureMonique M Ryan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Neuromuscul Disord 13:751-6. 2003..Mononeuritis multiplex is an extremely uncommon form of acquired peripheral neuropathy in childhood. We discuss the differential diagnosis and review previous descriptions of this rare condition...
- Pediatric sciatic neuropathy associated with neoplasmsHugh J McMillan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Muscle Nerve 43:183-8. 2011..Three children died from the cancer or complications of treatment. One child with perineurioma remained clinically stable, and two children improved after treatment of their neoplasm...
- Peroneal neuropathy from ankle-foot orthosesMonique M Ryan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Neurol 29:72-4. 2003..Peroneal nerve palsies are a significant, but potentially avoidable, iatrogenic complication of lower-extremity orthoses...
- Myasthenia gravis and premature ovarian failureMonique M Ryan
Department of Neurology, Lahey Clinic, 41 Mall Road, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Muscle Nerve 30:231-3. 2004....
- Current therapeutic strategies for patients with polyneuropathies secondary to inherited metabolic disordersTed M Burns
Department of Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:858-68. 2003..Thus, clinicians must promptly diagnose these inherited disorders so that specific treatment may be initiated. The clinical features of these rare inherited disorders are emphasized...
- Gaining consent for publication in difficult cases involving childrenDavid Isaacs
Clinical Ethics Advisory Service, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
BMJ 337:a1231. 2008
- Inherited myopathies and muscular dystrophiesMichael Cardamone
Neurosciences Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Semin Neurol 28:250-9. 2008..Treatment is focused on symptomatic management and rehabilitation, and monitoring for disease complications...
- Peripheral neuropathy in cardiofaciocutaneous syndromeSteven T DeRoos
Institute for Neuromuscular Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Neurol 36:250-2. 2007..The latter is a rare disorder, with significant comorbidities, in which a peripheral neuropathy may be under-recognized as a late cause of functional deterioration...
- Establishment of the Australasian paediatric Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease registryJoshua Burns
Institute for Neuromuscular Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Neuromuscul Disord 17:349-50. 2007
- Critical illness polyneuropathy and myopathy in pediatric intensive care: A reviewStephen Williams
Helen McMillan Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:18-22. 2007..To review the medical literature on critical illness polyneuropathy and myopathy in childhood...
- Anterior spinal cord infarction owing to possible fibrocartilaginous embolismAshok Raghavan
Department of Medical Imaging, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, 2145, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Radiol 34:503-6. 2004..We describe the evolution of MRI findings in a case of anterior spinal artery territory infarction thought to be secondary to fibrocartilaginous embolism...
- CMTX mimicking childhood chronic inflammatory demyelinating neuropathy with tremorMonique M Ryan
Muscle Nerve 31:528-30. 2005