Janet E Rosenbaum
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Degrees of health disparities: Health status disparities between young adults with high school diplomas, sub-baccalaureate degrees, and baccalaureate degreesJ Rosenbaum
Maryland Population Research Center, 0124N Cole Student Activities Building, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, 20742, Tel 301 405 6403
Health Serv Outcomes Res Methodol 12:156-168. 2012..BAs are less accessible to high school graduates and predict lower chances of smoking, depression, and obesity...
- Predicting Unprotected Sex and Unplanned Pregnancy among Urban African-American Adolescent Girls Using the Theory of Gender and PowerJanet E Rosenbaum
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Urban Health 93:493-510. 2016..Pregnancy prevention interventions should attempt to delay cohabitation until adulthood and help cohabiting adolescents to find affordable housing. ..
- Cash, cars, and condoms: economic factors in disadvantaged adolescent women's condom useJanet Rosenbaum
Maryland Population Research Center, College of Behavioral and Social Science, University of Maryland, College Park, 20742, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:233-41. 2012..Evaluate whether adolescent women who received economic benefits from their boyfriends were more likely never to use condoms...
- Reborn a virgin: adolescents' retracting of virginity pledges and sexual historiesJanet E Rosenbaum
Harvard Statistics Department, 1 Oxford ST, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1098-103. 2006..We examined retractions of virginity pledges and of sexual histories among adolescents taking part in waves 1 and 2 of the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health...
- Truth or consequences: the intertemporal consistency of adolescent self-report on the Youth Risk Behavior SurveyJanet E Rosenbaum
Johns Hopkins University Center for Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Epidemiol 169:1388-97. 2009..Most weight control items had unstable prevalence estimates, lower average agreement, and greater estimated measurement error than other topics...
- Telling truth from Ys: an evaluation of whether the accuracy of self-reported semen exposure assessed by a semen Y-chromosome biomarker predicts pregnancy in a longitudinal cohort study of pregnancyJanet E Rosenbaum
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Sex Transm Infect 90:479-84. 2014..Adolescents may use condoms inconsistently or incorrectly, or may over-report condom use. This study used a semen exposure biomarker to evaluate the accuracy of female adolescents' reports of condom use and predict subsequent pregnancy...
- Semen says: assessing the accuracy of adolescents' self-reported sexual abstinence using a semen Y-chromosome biomarkerJanet E Rosenbaum
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Sex Transm Infect . 2016..This study uses a semen Y-chromosome biomarker to assess semen exposure among participants who reported sexual abstinence or did not report their sexual behaviour...
- True love waits: do Southern Baptists? Premarital sexual behavior among newly married Southern Baptist Sunday school studentsJanet E Rosenbaum
Department of Behavioral and Community Health, University of Maryland School of Public Health, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Relig Health 52:263-75. 2013..School sex education was the only source of information about sexually transmitted infections for 57% of respondents, and 65% supported secular sex education despite church opposition...