Affiliation: Harvard University
- Cellular actions and signaling by endostatinRamani Ramchandran
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 12:175-91. 2002..This review summarizes recent advances in endostatin biology and highlights new results on the cellular and subcellular mechanisms of endostatin action...
- Endostatin is a potential inhibitor of Wnt signalingJun Ichi Hanai
Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Division of Nephrology, Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cell Biol 158:529-39. 2002....
- A novel endothelial-specific heat shock protein HspA12B is required in both zebrafish development and endothelial functions in vitroGuang Hu
Renal Division, Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment and Center for Vascular Biology Research, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cell Sci 119:4117-26. 2006....
- Endostatin causes G1 arrest of endothelial cells through inhibition of cyclin D1Jun Ichi Hanai
Divisions of Nephrology and Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16464-9. 2002..Collectively, our data pointed to a role for cyclin D1, and in particular, transcription through the LEF1 site as critical for endostatin action in vitro and suggest that beta-catenin is a target for endostatin...
- Critical roles of CD146 in zebrafish vascular developmentBarden Chan
Division of Nephrology, Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Dev Dyn 232:232-44. 2005..This study provides the first in vivo functional assessment of CD146 in embryonic development by showing that knockdown of CD146 protein expression severely hinders vascular development in zebrafish...
- Expression pattern for unc5b, an axon guidance gene in embryonic zebrafish developmentSukhbir Kaur
Genome Technology Branch, NHGRI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Gene Expr 13:321-7. 2007..A similar medial-lateral theme is observed in other neural structures such as the neural tube. Our expression analysis provides a starting point for studying the role of axon guidance genes in embryonic hindbrain patterning...
- Solenopsin, the alkaloidal component of the fire ant (Solenopsis invicta), is a naturally occurring inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase signaling and angiogenesisJack L Arbiser
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, WMB 5309, 101 Woodruff Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Blood 109:560-5. 2007..Interestingly, solenopsin also inhibited Akt-1 activity in an ATP-competitive manner in vitro without affecting 27 of 28 other protein kinases tested...
- Robo4 signaling in endothelial cells implies attraction guidance mechanismsSukhbir Kaur
Laboratory of Pathology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11347-56. 2006..Taken together, this study suggests that Robo4 mediates attraction-signaling mechanisms through Rho GTPases in vertebrate vascular guidance...
- roundabout4 is essential for angiogenesis in vivoVictoria M Bedell
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9610 Medical Center Drive, Suite 320, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6373-8. 2005..Also, human robo4 gene functionally compensates for loss of robo4 gene function, suggesting evolutionary conservation. This article reports an endothelial-specific function for a robo gene in vertebrates in vivo...
- Syx, a RhoA guanine exchange factor, is essential for angiogenesis in VivoMaija K Garnaas
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Circ Res 103:710-6. 2008..These results identify Syx as an essential contributor to angiogenesis in vivo...