Santa J Ono
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Identification of a stimulus-dependent DNase I hypersensitive site between the Ialpha and Calpha exons during immunoglobulin heavy chain class switch recombinationS J Ono
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Schepens Eye Research Institute and Committee on Immunology, Harvard University, 20 Staniford St, Boston, MA, USA
FEBS Lett 467:268-72. 2000..These data suggest that some other structural alteration at this site (e.g. RNA/DNA hybrid) may mediate the nuclease sensitivity...
- Molecular genetics of allergic diseasesS J Ono
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital and Committee on Immunology, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 18:347-66. 2000..Both of these approaches have implicated multiple regions in the human and mouse genomes, which are currently being evaluated as harboring putative atopy genes...
- A CIITA-independent pathway that promotes expression of endogenous rather than exogenous peptides in immune-privileged sitesCarolina V Arancibia-Cárcamo
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:471-80. 2004..The potential relevance of CIITA-independent MHC class II expression at immune-privileged sites is discussed in relation to tolerance to strong autoantigens...
- Effect of allergic conjunctival inflammation on the allogeneic response to donor corneaThomas H Flynn
Department of Ocular Immunology, Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:4044-9. 2007..Ipsilateral ocular inflammation has been identified as a predictor of future corneal graft failure. This study investigates the effect of perioperative allergic conjunctivitis on corneal allograft survival...
- Murine NFX.1: isolation and characterization of its messenger RNA, mapping of its chromosomal location and assessment of its developmental expressionPaola Arlotta
The Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Immunology 106:173-81. 2002..Expression profiling shows that m-NFX.1 is expressed ubiquitously in both adult tissues and during development, supporting the hypothesis that it may have yet-undescribed roles in distinct biological processes...
- Intracytoplasmic domains of MHC class II molecules are essential for lipid-raft-dependent signalingStéphane Bécart
Unité INSERM U 396, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Cell Sci 116:2565-75. 2003..This is consistent with the absence of a requirement for the intracytoplasmic tails for localization to lipid rafts. These data reveal that lipid-rich microdomains play a key role in MHC class II-mediated signaling in a solid tumor...
- Allergy and contact lensesMohammad Siddique
Department of Ocular Immunology, Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, University College London, London, UK
Chem Immunol Allergy 92:166-75. 2007..The immune mechanism of these diseases will be discussed, as well as the allergic response to contact lens wear...